Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: sampler volume

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

having problem with sampler volume changing back to full on samples when changing soundbanks is it possible to save volume settings for individual samples in vdj had a few problems during live show kind of scared the audience lol as the sound was way louder than I hoped

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 4:22 am
Lots of people have requested this since VDJ 8 was released, so hopefully they'll reconsider.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 5:16 am
You need to change the gain in the Sample Editor. This is saved to each specific sample.

The volume sliders you have in the browser view are specific to each pad rather than the sample that is on them.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 7:55 am
djtouchdan wrote :

The volume sliders you have in the browser view are specific to each pad

The volumes could/should still be remembered, regardless.

The channel faders for the decks don't reset every time a new track is loaded - why should these? Keep the behaviour consistent through the GUI.

People are clearly expecting it to work that way. It used to work that way in 7. It works that way on the decks.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 8:07 am
I'm sorry - you can not compare the sampler in version 7 to the one in version 8.

Version 7 had only 12 slots - so could effectively have 12 volume sliders, 12 sets of buttons etc etc.
In version 8 the number is limitless. As are the number of banks you can have, so it makes much more sense to have the pads independant to which ever sample is on there.

The function has not been taken away, you can still adjust the volume (gain) and it will be remembered in the sampler editor.
This debate has been had before and i don't want to have it again. If the development team wish to change it then they will.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 8:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)