Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: post fader FX - Page: 8

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009

still dealing with the echo shuting off if i start another record on the same deck.

thas very extrange, im using the scipt on crossfader(advance)and working perfect,my console hercules rmx.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 7:15 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
It works but im still dealing with the echo shuting off if i start another record on the same deck....so im still not getting true PFFX but it does sound good. Loco you are a genius still.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 7:16 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
It works but im still dealing with the echo shuting off if i start another record on the same deck....so im still not getting true PFFX but it does sound good. Loco you are a genius still.

too kind, have you set FX reset to no?
http://pbrd.co/1v7Wdwc

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 7:38 pm
Ok if i activate the effect move crossfader to right, the effect engages, but when i load the next track and go to mix it in bring crossfader to middle it kills the echo trails...if i turn off the effect it kills the trails...the echoes should continue no matter if the effect is cut or another song is mixed in....

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 9:29 pm
Use the traditional Xfader mapping and see if that's better.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 9:39 pm
Okay that was better but i think being this is a mapping the way locodog mapped mapped my m70 to mimic PFFX using decks 3&4 if a better fit for me because the echoes fade out without stopping the effect. I do 2-5 sec transitions sometimes so I need it to continue uninterrupted..even if i turn the effect off. So come on VDJ make us a real PFFX.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 10:07 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
m70 to mimic PFFX using decks 3&4 if a better fit for me because the echoes fade out without stopping the effect. I do 2-5 sec transitions sometimes so I need it to continue uninterrupted..even if i turn the effect off. So come on VDJ make us a real PFFX.

That I can do but the traditional xfader is absolutely as real as post fader gets, bleed and everything, even traktor bleeds track to track
When Atomix do it, it'll be like that.
What you're describing is a fading sample loop (possible)
(on the vci380 you only run 2 decks off it?)

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 3:30 am

@ min 1.55 I turn On the locodog's post fader FX

Posted Fri 05 Dec 14 @ 10:44 am
You'd never get away with back-tracking that heavy handed with a needle on the deck! :-)
Thanks for sharing the video, I've never seen my script in use with scratching. I'm really glad to see stuff I've worked on being used and working just as the dj wants it to work.

There is now no good reason why VDJ can't have post fader FX for everyone, (excluding pure analogue mixers, *blue sky thinking* why can't you feed a record out back into VDJ, If the program knows what its sent out and can compare what is sent back in, then V8 can approximate crossfader midi via analogue monitoring)

So @Atomix step up, If I can do it with script then you can do it with source code. Without PPFX any conversation about why VDJ is the best software falls flat.

At this point I'll thank SBDJ for making the volume FX upon my suggestion (& for making it open to all users), without that I could have still proved the concept with VSTs but it would have been harder to find testers, and I'll thank Djdad for his replies to some of my questions in the early days of this project.

Most of all thank you, VDJPartyBoy, beatbreaker1 & espepe for being early adopters, because without you this would have been just a keyboard script, and I've learnt so much about VDJ in the process.

@Atomix, I have script for 4 decks, but it is a bit too cumbersome to instruct users for the implementation (beyond a crossfader script and 1 button{my original remit} ) so if you're interested PM me.

@everyone I'm putting this project to bed since 2 decks is proven and 4 decks is difficult to explain, (the 4 deck script on its own is too long for a single forum post)
but if you want in (2 decks) before Atomix pull their finger out, then I'll happily talk you through it.

The next project is very exciting.

Posted Fri 05 Dec 14 @ 7:21 pm
my stanton's "needles" are always on "relative mode"! :D
looking forward to that 4 decks PFFX.
you have done a wonderful job so far!congratulations locodog,
thank you

Posted Sat 06 Dec 14 @ 5:05 am
locodog wrote :
You'd never get away with back-tracking that heavy handed with a needle on the deck! :-)
Thanks for sharing the video, I've never seen my script in use with scratching. I'm really glad to see stuff I've worked on being used and working just as the dj wants it to work.

There is now no good reason why VDJ can't have post fader FX for everyone, (excluding pure analogue mixers, *blue sky thinking* why can't you feed a record out back into VDJ, If the program knows what its sent out and can compare what is sent back in, then V8 can approximate crossfader midi via analogue monitoring)

So @Atomix step up, If I can do it with script then you can do it with source code. Without PPFX any conversation about why VDJ is the best software falls flat.

At this point I'll thank SBDJ for making the volume FX upon my suggestion (& for making it open to all users), without that I could have still proved the concept with VSTs but it would have been harder to find testers, and I'll thank Djdad for his replies to some of my questions in the early days of this project.

Most of all thank you, VDJPartyBoy, beatbreaker1 & espepe for being early adopters, because without you this would have been just a keyboard script, and I've learnt so much about VDJ in the process.

@Atomix, I have script for 4 decks, but it is a bit too cumbersome to instruct users for the implementation (beyond a crossfader script and 1 button{my original remit} ) so if you're interested PM me.

@everyone I'm putting this project to bed since 2 decks is proven and 4 decks is difficult to explain, (the 4 deck script on its own is too long for a single forum post)
but if you want in (2 decks) before Atomix pull their finger out, then I'll happily talk you through it.

The next project is very exciting.

Well ,thank you for make my dream real,with PFFX its fabolus, I invite to all dj whos using midi with timecode to use this perfect tool ,its very,very helpfull ,if you guy dont know how active this PFFX send a P-M to locodog the master of PFFX.I will show how to use my PFFX with my RMX . Thank. locodog.......

Posted Sun 07 Dec 14 @ 3:01 am
Can u make a video because I do not know how to set it up I am using american audio 10 mxr mixing with timecode vinyl .thanks

Posted Sun 07 Dec 14 @ 10:16 am
Questions first, the 10 mxr is the audio mixing done by the software or the hardware? If done by the hardware, does the software Xfader follow the HW Xfader?
If the mixing is done by the software then there's no problem I can just lay the step by step out.
If the mixing is done with the HW but still gets midi from the Xfader to fake the SW mixer then a new script is needed, (looking for an old post to remind me how to do it)
The if SW xfader doesn't follow the HW, then true post fader isn't possible but an button press approximation is.
(goes looking for that old post)

Posted Sun 07 Dec 14 @ 11:35 am
locodog wrote :
Questions first, the 10 mxr is the audio mixing done by the software or the hardware? If done by the hardware, does the software Xfader follow the HW Xfader?
If the mixing is done by the software then there's no problem I can just lay the step by step out.
If the mixing is done with the HW but still gets midi from the Xfader to fake the SW mixer then a new script is needed, (looking for an old post to remind me how to do it)
The if SW xfader doesn't follow the HW, then true post fader isn't possible but an button press approximation is.
(goes looking for that old post)

ok here is the lay out of the mixer.thanks

http://www.virtualdj.com/documents/American%20Audio%2010MXR%20-%20VirtualDJ%208%20Operation%20Guide.pdf

Posted Sun 07 Dec 14 @ 12:21 pm
Ok so the HW does the mixing and the SW mixer is faked so it sends Xfader midi, good. Right it will be a couple of days for me to figure this out because we need to use invisible decks and I haven't done that yet.

In the mean time.

All I need from you is for you to add this script to the start of your Onint (on initialisation) mapping for your controller (it doesn't matter that the file path is wrong, it really doesn't)

deck 3 load "C:\" & deck 3 unload & deck 4 load "C:\" & deck 4 unload & deck 1 select & deck 3 effect_select 1 'echo' & deck 3 effect_show_gui &

What we are doing here is when you boot VDJ we quickly load and unload a sample to decks 3 & 4, then V8 knows there are decks 3 & 4 even though they are invisible. It will happen automatically, the only thing you should notice is deck 3 echo gui will appear on start up. If that works fine then you can remove this bit, (it was only there to prove you it's working)

& deck 3 effect_select 1 'echo' & deck 3 effect_show_gui &

And pick a button either side of your mixer (or shift & a button) to dedicate to turning PFFX on/off
and show me it's mapping (it can go on the keyboard if you want but I doubt that's what you want.

Posted Sun 07 Dec 14 @ 1:12 pm
@ anyone waiting for 4 decks I'll be posting a full how as a text file to download (it could be a couple of weeks) as the scripts are huge (too big for the forum char limit) and it's more than just a xfader script and a button script (the cross assign buttons need scripting too)

Posted Sun 07 Dec 14 @ 1:29 pm
Ok angelt99
as long as you've done the Onint bit I mentioned 2 posts ago the next step is adding decks 3 & 4 to your audio config, they both want to be TC controlled as well as your usual set up.
(SW deck 3 with TC deck 1, SW deck 4 with TC deck 2)

deck 3 wants to output on the same audio channels as deck 2 (3&4 I should imagine) and deck 4 on the same as deck 1 (1&2)

Posted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 8:57 am
locodog wrote :
@ anyone waiting for 4 decks I'll be posting a full how as a text file to download (it could be a couple of weeks) as the scripts are huge (too big for the forum char limit) and it's more than just a xfader script and a button script (the cross assign buttons need scripting too)

Im in the line.count with me locodog. I dont use the 4 decks so often,but with this new project I will try to work more,ILL be waiting.

Posted Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 12:56 am
Hi locodog im preparing a video with the PFFX, i hope you guys see what vdj can do with with this magical set up on the mapper,be aware!!!!

Posted Mon 15 Dec 14 @ 2:50 am
@Loco,

Any chance I could get you to use some of your mojo and make the crossfader switchable between the Traditional crossfader and then the Crossfader with Reverb added??

I've tried just turning the Reverb on but I'm not really digging the sound it produces.

Thanks for everything!!

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 8:22 am
62%