Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Vdj 8 scratch latency(mouse scratch)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi vdj team. using the free version of vdj 8, trying to scratch with the mouse and realize the latency of the scratch itself is too high(meaning it could be tighter). in v 7 there was the registry edit of default scratch latency/jog scratch latency that could be adjusted to fix this issue...in v8,the only options are to adjust the sensitivity of the jogwheel, not necessarily the latency of the scratch...is this an option "reserved" for the pro users or is it a way too vital feature of vdj 7 that didnt make the cut????? thank you

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 11:16 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Dj Pari M wrote :
hi vdj team. using the free version of vdj 8, trying to scratch with the mouse and realize the latency of the scratch itself is too high(meaning it could be tighter). in v 7 there was the registry edit of default scratch latency/jog scratch latency that could be adjusted to fix this issue...in v8,the only options are to adjust the sensitivity of the jogwheel, not necessarily the latency of the scratch...is this an option "reserved" for the pro users or is it a way too vital feature of vdj 7 that didnt make the cut????? thank you

If you use a controller with a sound card build in it you may get the response sound your looking for.I use a RMX 2 and after tweaking the setting it will pass for me.

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 11:35 pm
when u say settings i am assuming u mean the same settings i talked about in the vdj 8 options panel.that's the jog sensitivity. what i reali want to know if there is an option for the jog scratch latency....it's fully explained in the vdj pedia registry section for the older v7. probably the option only "activates" as u purchase a controller licensce. this would be helpful if cleared up for users who want to reali know what "extra" options and configs that are available for the specific licensces.

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 1:13 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
have a look in settings/ options/ performances and try to change the scratchFilterQuality. Maybe you can have a improvement with changing this value...

greetz
rob

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 1:38 am
tanks for your reply rob. but if i'm not mistaken.that setting will only affect the sound of the scratch, not necessarily the "tightness"(delay in sound when moving the jogwheel to scratch). if this JogScratchLatency setting i speak about is now impossible of being adjusted by the user to his preference, i suggest it be hardcoded to a smaller value in the programming of the software to achieve tighter response on the jogwheel or mouse also.

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 1:58 am
The latency of the scratch can also depend on how good your soundcard is and also depends on your drivers and settings, for example when I input sound through Virtual audio cable software, I get higher latency when scratching compared to getting the sound directly from your soundcard drivers.

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 5:56 pm
i am also having a problem with the "tightness" of the jogwheel. ive tried many option changes - not as easy as with vdj 7 to fix the problem.

Posted Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 5:03 am
While we appreciate the various fixes that are coming in, there is still no update or response on this issue. For those who understand, you will know that the "default scratch latency" setting which was present in vdj 7 and before(i think in versions 5 and earlier,it was actually a keyboard shortcut called mouse scratch latency) was used to adjust the tightness of the scratch when using the mouse, whereas "jog scratch latency" was used for tightness off scratch when using controllers. In vdj 8,there is none....as yet(fingers crossed!), i know what settings they are right now, which is not what i am talking about. IF this is an attempt to phase out mouse and keyboard "turntablist", this would be a shame :(

Posted Wed 12 Nov 14 @ 5:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)