Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Just an idea !!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

tipiakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello,

There is many message who speak about bugs. The staff answers: OK bug brought back(reported) to the dev.

At the moment, we do not know if the indicated bugs were resolved or not.

It would be possible that the moderators stand out [solved] in front of the title of the message indicating the bug when the bug is solved.

It would be more readable for the users of this forum.

Thank's

@+ Tipiak

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 6:16 am
sounds like a good idea ;)

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 6:45 am
I started doing this based in the Changelog but then the fix wasn't universal so I found myself going back and removing it.

I like the idea but I couldn't get it to work.

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 7:15 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It doesn't help when there are multiple topics on the same issue and multiple issues in the same topic. Very difficult to manage.

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 9:23 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Why not have an announcement (a locked thread) stickied, with issues written in by mods, tech staff can cross stuff off when resolved and other stuff than aren't actual bugs (and more a case of a change of practices), linked to the solution in the thread where the question was first posed.

Known issues & FAQs.

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 10:52 am
Is there somewhere we can see the full change log for Mac & PC. I logged back in on my mac for the first time in about 10 days (you cannot scroll the change log in the window it pops up in on mac) and it would be nice to know what else has been addressed since I was last using it. Or at least make it so you can scroll the log.

Thank you.

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 1:07 pm
Documents\VirtualDJ\Cache\changelog.txt ;)

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 3:11 pm
SBDJ.. It only shows (tells) you the last update that you have UPDATED on your computer (no priors)

Again.. You really can't tell if you have the Latest Updates (build number).

Thanks
Jose

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 3:36 pm
I was replying to the user above me regarding not being able to see the whole log in the window.

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 7:54 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Bug reports on your competitors site got it right..

Here is how they do it..sort of...

The user fills out a profile example:
Computer Type:
Os Version:
Sound Card:
Controller:

^^The above information is saved in a database and is shown every time the user makes a bug report - no need to guess what system type/ os the user is running..

Now every time the user creates a bug report they are presented with checkbox/dropdown box type menus

Example :
Severity :
Can reproduce bug/ how often can reproduce bug.

Then there is a note that says something like
"Describe what you did to reproduce the issue" - then you type the problems/issues into a message box.. then click submit to submit the ticket.

The ticket is submitted with a number next to the title..(I guess this makes it easier for the programmer to identify bugs)

Finally the tickets are a marked as Resolved after the issue is deemed fixed.

Lastly the programmers interact with the ticket submitters if needed to get information - if needed..

I think if something like this is implemented here it maybe easier for everyone..

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 2:16 am
rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
I feel like there's still a massive disconnect between Atomix and us. There's a bunch of devs and support guys ingressing information from the forum and posts and working on it, however there's no sense of 'Community Management'.

I feel that we are being left in the dark.

During the pre-release phase, I felt that we were part of the process. Now, I feel that we are not.

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 10:40 am
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
rlove wrote :

During the pre-release phase, I felt that we were part of the process. Now, I feel that we are not.

+1000

for me V8 is still in pre-release phase. Too many unfinished/resolved functions, perhaps that's why they stopped informing us in a proper way.
When I start VDJ mostly I'm getting an upgrade message, but how can you say Yes if you don't even know what has been changed.

Dev team: here's the solution!
Why not add a tab page in the config screen where for every new build the resolved issues are posted.
At least you can easy find out what has been changed compared to a previous release if you encounter a problem.

Another great feature would be the option to go back to the previous version. (the one before the last updated version) (via config page) (maybe this is already possible)

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 12:27 pm
How about 'simply' implement a kind of bug tracking software? There are dozends on the net waiting to be used...

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 1:00 pm
We are using a Bugtracker to handle the requests internally.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 2:11 am
Well, i was shure about that (otherwise... won't think about the chaos...). How about givin' access to a status- page?

Sth like this?

Edit: fixed mistakes... ;-)

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 2:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)