Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: The Worst Update of VDJ8 for the Mac

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

zoelassPRO InfinityMember since 2011
This evening VDJ8 asked to do an update and I let it. Oh my gods, it was worse than when I first downloaded it. WTF are you doing with the coding? In having it open for 3 hours it crashed 3 times, It just froze up everything and in the middle of my radio show I had to reboot my computer. After just 30 minutes it starts to lag and the display gets hung up until I can't do anything with it at all except force restart my Mac. I never had a piece of software do that to me. I opened up the activity monitor and it showed that it was using 103% of my CPU. My computer isn't a slouch either since I'm running a PowerMac 5,1. Finally, it took a full minute for the Sideview Window to close completely when I tried to close it. I'm also still not getting song titles and artist information showing up in my stream when I'm streaming Icecast2. Please take care of these issues on the Mac OS X version.
3.2GHZ Quad Core Xenon processor
OS X 10.9.3
16 GB RAM
VDJ 8.0.0 Mac Build 1819.673

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 11:51 pm
There's a reason for the disclaimer on the product download page:
"while already used daily by thousands of professional DJs around the world, VirtualDJ 8 doesn't have the same maturity as its little brother VirtualDJ 7. If you have an important event, you might want to consider using version 7."

I emphasised the important part.

VDJ 8 is brand new software. That's why there's a bug report forum.

Aside from the fact it's still wet round the ears, updating your software to a new build and then going live with it is a HUGE no-no.

Go with what you know. If there's an update, don't install it just before a show. Test it first, for at least a few hours.

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 6:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)