Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Some mp3 files crashing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

it seems i have some mp3 files that crash vdj8 but are not crashing vdj7 ... the crash occurs right after they are added and i switch to the folder they are in.

i can't figure out why this is so ... example of some files that crash vdj8 can be found here on onedrive -> http://1drv.ms/1kieTsA

if anyone can help me find a way to identify these files without adding 1 by 1 it would be a great help as i have thousands of files and finding the culprits is a pain.

plus this could be why others are having crashing problems.

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 12:27 pm
It appears to be tag related.

I could also make VDJ 8 crash simply by navigating to a folder containing one of your files.

After I stripped the tag with Tag&Rename it worked OK. No more crashing.

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 1:07 pm
well that's some help thanks, except i would hate to have to retag 4,000 files since i don't know which cause the problem ugh!

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 3:16 pm
Don't take any action yet. Just wait for the devs to look into it and see what's going on.

As you say, they didn't crash VDJ 7 - and I didn't find any issues playing the one I downloaded in Winamp.

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 4:22 pm
shame there isn't some way to scan the files and find out which are the culprits and i could just retag those files

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 6:12 am
There may well be. There are plenty of tag related utils around, but exactly what the issue is (and why 8 is sensitive to it) is unclear.

I would be inclined to say it's more of an issue with VDJ than your tags, as the files don't cause problems with other software (that I tried).

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 6:19 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
A bug with reading the tags of these files was indeed found, and will be fixed in the next build.

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 7:47 am
thank you.

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 8:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)