Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Jerky movement of spinning turntables and waveforms.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Greetings. I have a Windows XP PC with an Intel dual core 2.9Gig processor and 2 gig of ram using a 640 meg video card.

All works great with Version 7. On Version 8 the spinning turntables on the 2 or 4 deck skin... as well as the waveform display are jerky.

Video playback seems to be ok, but I have seen it freeze. Trouble is infrequent.

I've tried tweaking the registry values like MaxMemUsage and a few others. No luck.

All is great with Version 7. Any suggestions?

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 11:04 am
What's the minimum spec for v8 anyhow? I could not comment otherwise.

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 12:52 pm
JimmyL-DJ wrote :
Greetings. I have a Windows XP PC with an Intel dual core 2.9Gig processor and 2 gig of ram using a 640 meg video card.

All works great with Version 7. On Version 8 the spinning turntables on the 2 or 4 deck skin... as well as the waveform display are jerky.

Video playback seems to be ok, but I have seen it freeze. Trouble is infrequent.

I've tried tweaking the registry values like MaxMemUsage and a few others. No luck.

All is great with Version 7. Any suggestions?

I had that, it stopped being jerky when i set the VDJ wheels to 4RPM, 8RPM was good also but I preferred the relaxed speed of 4 RPM, anyway - that solved the jerky look of the waveform and wheels, although the spinning lights on my Numark Mixtrack Quad are still jerky - but i can handle that. Go To options and scroll down to RPM and change it to a slower speed (default is 33), try 16 to start with.

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 2:17 pm
Ok thanks for the suggestion on lowering the RPM. I don't believe the waveform will be affected as it is scrolling by in real time.

I checked the specs and my machine should be more than enough to run Version 8. And as I said Version 7 runs perfect.

Also my CPUs are bobbing around 36% so it's not a load issue. Something needs tweaked inside Ver. 8.

Question??? does the "tweak" application I've been using in V7 also work in V8? I'm thinking NOT.

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 3:46 pm
Sounds like a graphics setting or driver issue.

Can you confirm hat your graphics card drivers are up-to-date?

Aldo in VDJ config is videoMaxMemory set to automatic?

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 3:49 pm
Thanks I'll have to check the video driver for current when I get back home. But like I said V7 works great. And yes I've seen the VideoMaxMemory set at "automatic".

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 4:02 pm
The other thing it could be is a setting in your graphics card control panel.

When you get chance can you open this and ensure it is set to Best Quality.

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 4:06 pm
Yes I will. And I'll try re-loading the graphics driver even if it's the current one for this video card.

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 4:20 pm
I had the same issue, but tracked it down to a couple of milkdrop presets.
Also found a virus that anti-virus programs usually miss the "alga.exe" which causes system to idle at between 35%-50% and points to an innocent looking windows system 32 location, now it idles at 1%-5% computer is 620m with 8GB RAM which is borderline for VDJ with the 620m card wonder if I could put a meatier video card in here?

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 7:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)