Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Camera & display crash

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,

First of all, amazing software. I've just parted with my cash for the full version ! Two problems experienced so far :-

1. If I plug in or unplug one of my external HDMI displays, VDJ crashes, even if the display isn't in use.
2. My Logitech Quickcam 9000 display is corrupted when using it via VDJ. It's all black and white and you can hardly make out what it is.

Other than that, brilliant!

I've got a couple of requests which are not bugs so if someone could advise where I can post for that, thanks.

Happy to provide screenshot/other feedback etc. for the problems above.

Thanks,

Matt.

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 6:23 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
So...first of all...PC or Mac ? ....and which Build causes the issue...?

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 8:23 am
Sorry, PC version.

VDJ has just updated. How do I find the build info?

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 12:08 pm
I've experienced another minor issue.

The system that deals with downloading the covers is not working properly for me. It has downloaded 1200 covers and those seem to be fine. However, VDJ is usually saying "downloading ..." with 0%/0%/0% showing as well. However, no additional covers have been downloaded for a long time and most of my tracks either do not have a cover at all or have a wrong cover which is usually an artist beginning with A for some reason.

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 12:38 pm
I also have problem with notebook internal cam - if I attempt use camera effect whole VDJ 8 crashes a restart :-(

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 1:59 pm
trentdiscos wrote :
Hi all,

First of all, amazing software. I've just parted with my cash for the full version ! Two problems experienced so far :-

1. If I plug in or unplug one of my external HDMI displays, VDJ crashes, even if the display isn't in use.
2. My Logitech Quickcam 9000 display is corrupted when using it via VDJ. It's all black and white and you can hardly make out what it is.

Other than that, brilliant!

I've got a couple of requests which are not bugs so if someone could advise where I can post for that, thanks.

Happy to provide screenshot/other feedback etc. for the problems above.

Thanks,

Matt.

I Have the same issue! My system is Dell XPS 8gm 1t Nvidia 540M & only vídeo clips in 1080 resolution! My native webcam is disabled! I use external Logitec Quickcam 920. In VDJ 7 I used plugin Essential Media from Pangolin (it's not running on 8).
Now, the native câmera plugin don't let us to choice device and resolution and give us a terrible distorted black and white image that lets the program to crash!

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Carlos Eduardo Keller

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 3:57 pm

New native-camera plugin with problem with external Logitech Quickcam 920 (used to be perfect in VDJ7)!

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 8:30 pm
Yes, that's exactly the same as the video as I'm getting with my cam. Hopefully a fix is in progress :)

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 3:37 pm
trentdiscos wrote :
Yes, that's exactly the same as the video as I'm getting with my cam. Hopefully a fix is in progress :)

same here with logitech C930

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 4:31 pm
Camera is working now, after build 1828. Two points to improve it: "opacity" let to black screen (not to original playing video) and there aren't resolution option.

Thank you

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 10:02 am
Still not working for me on build 1820. However, the software has not prompted me for any updates and as far as I know there is no way to manually check for updates. This can't be right, surely?

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 12:07 pm
trentdiscos wrote :
Still not working for me on build 1820. However, the software has not prompted me for any updates and as far as I know there is no way to manually check for updates. This can't be right, surely?

You can go to "My account" and check "Get Beta Builds" :)

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 12:44 pm
trentdiscos wrote :

try rebooting your computer to get it to update.as the previous person posted you need build 1828..
edit:... nope,I think it is still at build 1820,but you need to check if you camara has a native program that opens it.it might be restricting it from open/activating the camara..

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 5:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)