Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: New remix field a right pain in the wazoo!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When I imported my old v7 database I saw that it made a new column of 'remix'. I did not like it so disabled it in file parsing. However I now have a problem.

Many tracks have no remix being show in the title and only in the 'remix' column and many others are being shown in the title but not in the remix column. If do not show the remix column a bunch of my tracks don't show the remix in the title field anymore. Switching remix parsing on or off in options does not change this if you rescan the tracks. Whichever was set at the time of the first database scan is 'set' there for eternity unless you manually edit each track in the tag editor (not going to happen on 1000's of tracks). Ideally I would want to get rid of the remix column entirely and only have remix shown in the title field like in v7. By having the remix column showing I can see all the remix tags but then it also shows remix in the title field of lots of tracks and just makes everything looked more cramped.

Without deleting the database and starting over (Losing all of my play counts, last played, recently added filter sorting etc), how can I fix this???

EDIT: Also it's not consistent. I am pretty sure I had it turned off when these were added. This is by added date in my Recently Added filter.

I have ALWAYS hated the way the database works. You cannot change anything after the initial scan unless you were to edit each track in the track editor manually. What I want is an option to clear the database of all track artists and title fields and rescan them whilst leaving all other data intact.

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 4:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)