Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ prevents display from powering down.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Now I understand this may be by design. Who wants the screen to go into low power mode during a set right? But when just idling for long periods (like doing a large database scan for instance) it would nice to have an option to allow screensaver/low display power state. Right now I am doing a scan but it could mean the system sitting there idle for a few hours and the less energy burned and time the VDJ image is on the screen the better.

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 7:54 am
If it's going to be several hours during the scan, poke the button and power off the monitor manually.

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 8:31 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You could try if minimizing virtualdj works. (That would be recommended anyway if you just want to have it scanning in the background)

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 10:28 am
TDBennett wrote :
If it's going to be several hours during the scan, poke the button and power off the monitor manually.

I have an issue with my AMD card whereby if I do that I cannot get the screen back when I power it back on and I have to reset the computer.

I tried minimizing VDJ and it still obeys the Multimedia setting in power options to NOT put the display to sleep. Sure I could turn that off for the Performance power setting. But that would affect things like video playback too. Not sure how to get around this one.

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 10:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)