Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Video Issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm sure this is a new issue since a couple of updates.

I havent got round to using VDJ8 on a actual gig yet as I'm awaiting all the bugs to be ironed out, so this is just on my home laptop (same as one of my gig laptops) and have been experimenting on and off.

So this laptop has a Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT graphics card and with VDJ 7 and previous I have set MaxVideoMem in the registry to 128mb to stop the videos locking up. I had to make the same setting in VDJ8 and this appeared fine playing videos back to back.

Recently I bunged aload of videos in the automix and left it playing and after 3 or 4 videos the videos start to skip and stutter at random points (audio plays fine).

I have since tried playing videos back to back and everytime if I am playing a video on one deck with this video being the live output when I start playing the video in the opposite deck the video in the live deck stops for a second or so then carries on (no effect on sound).

This has only recently started happening since the last couple of updates.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 3:25 pm
Also if you have the video crossfader in the center and load a video in either side, the video output flashes and the crossfades to the new video (crossfader doesnt move, just the video outout) and then back into the center i.e. some kind of refresh. This was not happening in VDJ7.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 3:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)