Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: video items , thoughts, opinions , allsorts ......

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i would like a " no " option under config/options/video/audio only visualization .......

speaking of which ( visualizations) it would be cool if we could populate the list with more items ...... ? and thank you

for the recent addition of "camera" ........

speaking of which .......if my audio only viz is " slideshow" and i add camera it crashes ...... which was how my question "

can i do camera and slideshow , like i used to do camera and clipbank", unfortunately was answered ......? also the

crash resulted in the audio only viz changing from titler to slideshow ??

the titler settings are being remembered ....... in v7 the titler banner would launch full screen then shrink .... i wish it

would still do that

it seems that if you set the audio only viz ( a.o.v.) to titler there are no problems changing the video output between

sampler and slideshow however , if i set it to slideshow as the a.o.v. , then the sampler has problems ??

i have started to sit down with pen and paper and take notes when i am putting it through her paces .......

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 9:40 pm
since when are you using mac bro?....that camara plug is for mac....another for the wishlist...or keep using vdj7 on live gigs?

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 10:11 pm
Chuck...just checked and the freeframe camara feed is working! its called the peteLiveFeed...wierd cause the old vdj plugin dont even show in the list...
edit: ok so they added a camara in the visualization section.but this does not overide the milkdrop.so you need to turn it off. but the pete feed does layover.wait that could be cause Im activating THAT in the mixer section.will check....

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 12:12 am
OK,OK,OK!...so they added a bunch of crap that I didnt see...still camara picture wont resize from the Gui,no controls .the freeframe does...

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 1:14 am
thetracker510 wrote :
since when are you using mac bro?....that camara plug is for mac....another for the wishlist...or keep using vdj7 on live gigs?

I don't see where he said he's using the Mac plugin. VDJ has a native plugin, (that does not work at the moment). There is a mac plug in available, by SBDJ.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 1:44 am
here we go again..:) noticed that I had jumped the gun,then noticed that...yes we have a camara.well guess what? it worked with me....I dont know what everyone here has on their computers...but I suggest you feed it some camara probiotics.no seriously..could be the fact that you need the proper camara drivers and such.In my Alienware I have a HD webcam that runs with creative Live central program.that came from the factory.had scare me into thinking that it wasnt working after I installed a AV to usb pinaccle dazzle interface.but turns out its all back together and working great.but I dont know about the camara plugin.mine came on,via visualizations.maybe this mournings vdj update? check it out...

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 3:03 am
all my drivers are up to date, its not a HD camera so data amount is small,
but all I ended up with is a black screen with logo in corner and when I tried to close vdj it won't close. still getting a spinning blue circle...

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 6:03 pm
try checking camara first wi th other webcam or video recorder application.this will refreshen the camara's connection,and confirm that it works at all.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 6:24 pm
noob I am not.
plugged it in, made sure it worked, used it in 7, turned off 7, started 8 enabled camera in options screen went black on tv output, disabled camera then went to close 8 and it hung.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 6:30 pm
i'm a pc ..... it's just the default camera in the laptop

it works ..... i'm starting to think the slideshow and milkdrop don't get along with other video fx

the idea about a.o.v. = 0 is because if i select either the slideshow or the milkdrop i seem to get problems,

if i use titler as the a.o.v i don't ?? it just seems like whatever the a.o.v. is it doesn't want to switch smoothly

from one to another ? and then sometimes the sampler will work fine and other times not ........

i think my first 2 questions about 8 were where's the clipbank and how do you link vids , i started using the video

editor to link vids , but that doesn't save the change sometimes .......

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 7:18 pm
camara working in deck effects! awsome ! (boy are they're gonna hate me now) as someone is questioning in another thread and I told him "will try"...so camara working in deck,mixer & viz locations, for me?...who has too many bloatware? as someone posted...this is the problem.camara wont overide milkdrops on the master...until you click off via master,the visualization milkdrop running.so if you think it didnt activate,try again and click off milkdrop.your camara could be activated BEHIND milkdrop,hiding it.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 7:24 pm
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
i'm a pc ..... it's just the default camera in the laptop

it works ..... i'm starting to think the slideshow and milkdrop don't get along with other video fx

the idea about a.o.v. = 0 is because if i select either the slideshow or the milkdrop i seem to get problems,

if i use titler as the a.o.v i don't ?? it just seems like whatever the a.o.v. is it doesn't want to switch smoothly

from one to another ? and then sometimes the sampler will work fine and other times not ........

i think my first 2 questions about 8 were where's the clipbank and how do you link vids , i started using the video

editor to link vids , but that doesn't save the change sometimes .......

milkdrop is good is just that overpowers other plugins. the real deal is that these plugins still overlay on a "order chosen" basis which is a serial instead of parallel connection.
as for SBDJ slideshow (I have both that & slideshow,but I'm pretty sure it was that) locked up vdj and again had to force shutdown.

Edit: "the idea about a.o.v. = 0 is because if i select either the slideshow or the milkdrop i seem to get problems,
if i use titler as the a.o.v i don't ?? it just seems like whatever the a.o.v. is it doesn't want to switch smoothly "
correct...

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 7:32 pm
Edit again: I just opened the camara for the 1rst time on a deck 1 and milkdrop on deck2 and it worked!!!!.now when you crossedfade you see them in parallel..hmm
Edit once more: because the deck effects are before the visualization spot in the chain.makes sense now.try it guys...

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 7:42 pm
there's a new update since yesterday and the slideshow can't be switched to milkdrop and i now have a regression bug ,

because the camera is now all screwed up ......now instead of a clear image it shows 5 grainy b&w images ?? it worked

normal yesterday ..... also the slideshow has an issue where it won't play all the pics it used to and when you navigate to folders

it shows the folders as empty , which they're not build 1819.671

if i set slideshow as the a.o.v. milkdrop will appear over it

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 8:33 pm
hmm,Im moving that slideshow elsewhere as I dont trust it.it crashed vdj as it got stuck in a whirlpool just to open the picture folder? anyway I dont know what's happening over at your end bro,try to analize what you might had deleted or changed.I'm at the other Camara bug thread and just tried what DjBAv is reporting and confirmed.when you open the camara on one deck and video or milkdrop on other it works fine.but now if you swap that..say open camara on the opposite deck,now you get no milkdrop on the other.just a Black screen.well as soon at this happended I figure out the fix.again something over the rules set (only cause someone other didnt think of it...amazing...
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/188892/VirtualDJ_8_bug-report_Forum/Camera_functionality_has_stopped_working.html
edit: I knew there was a reason to keep the previous milkdrop version.I've asked about it but no answer so...meanwhile Im rocking it...lol..
I'm gonna try this with the external cam now...

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 8:51 pm
wildcountryclub wrote :
noob I am not.
plugged it in, made sure it worked, used it in 7, turned off 7, started 8 enabled camera in options screen went black on tv output, disabled camera then went to close 8 and it hung.

calm down "wild" buddy,we'll figure this out together...;)

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 9:07 pm
tried again with latest update and still no joy.
activate camera and get black screen. I can eventually exit out of the camera and over-ride with milkdrop but any use of camera plug in and I can not get vdj to close. there is no appreciable increase in cpu usage throughout.

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 3:13 am
the pete fx work , but the kaleidoscope turns off the cube ...... all others work with no problems

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 6:48 pm
right on...did you try the petepanspinzoom? cool controller for camara.

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 7:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)