Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Xone 4D - VDJ8 automatically sets to sample rate to 48000

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have an Allen & Heath Xone 4D with it's own ASIO driver control panel. VDJ8 automatically sets the sample rate of the Xone 4D to 48000. If I set the Xone to 41000 in it's Asio control panel, it gets reset to 48000 by VDJ8 oddly.
If I manually go to the performance section of the advanced options however, and remove "Automatic (48000)" and replace it with 41000, I can then set my Xone to 41000 and it works fine. However I would have thought that VDJ8 would match the setting from the ASIO control panel of the Xone 4D and not the other way round. Definitely took me a while to figure it out and (as recommended) it does sound better when the soundcard and VDJ are set to match the sample rate of the source material.

I think the same applies to the latency setting, so I manually set that to 128 in VDJ performance settings before changing it in the Xone's ASIO control panel.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 6:14 pm
Just to add to this, if I set the sample rate value to "auto" in the advanced settings/performance section, then on checking again it has picked up the 44100 from the ASIO driver.

As my XONE was already at 44100 when I started VDJ, it is odd that it would be set to 48000 by VDJ. To test this, I ran up another DJ Prog, set the sample rate of the Xone to 44100, and then closed it and opened VDJ, which set it back to 48000.

My suggestion is that the default value for sample rate be set to "auto" OOB, instead of Automatic(48000) as it was previously. Note that it stays at Automtaic(44100) if set to "auto" previously.

As this is buried in the advanced options, it would make it hard for a new user to figure out.

On the plus side, loving the new software, sounds better than Traktor Pro, Deckadance and Mixvibes Cross (which I have full licences for), and I am running my Xone through a Driverack PX, with JBL PRX Series speakers.

Keep-up the good work!

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 5:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)