Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Using keyboard to load tracks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
In version 7 you could hit enter key and a track would load onto the deck. It would then
switch to the free deck so you could again hit enter and the next track would load.
In version 8 it does not switch to the free deck.
Could we get this feature back in Version 8?
Also if tracks are on external drive (E). it will show in browser as it should, but
it also appears on the far right. What is the purpose and can we have it as not showing on the right?

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 8:13 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
bogart wrote :
In version 7 you could hit enter key and a track would load onto the deck. It would then
switch to the free deck so you could again hit enter and the next track would load.
In version 8 it does not switch to the free deck.
Could we get this feature back in Version 8?

This feature never has been gone... just missing on the deault keyboard mapping ...;-)
Just use the action "browser_enter" on a custom or keyboard Button.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 9:03 am
I have enter key set up to load from playlist, but it does not switch to other deck.
In 7 you could use enter to load from browser as well as playlist.
In the playlist it would load track and remove from playlist, then switch
to the opposite deck so you could load another track.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 9:09 am
as the name of the action already says .."browser_enter" ... is related to the browser. If you want to load from the sidelist (what you did not mentioned) use "sidelist_load_and_keep" or "sidelist_load_and_remove"

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 9:21 am
Already have it this way.
If you load on deck A you then need to switch to deck B manually [IE TAB]
in order to load next track on deck B.
In 7 it would automatically switch without the need of manually using the tab key.
I can work with an extra keystroke if necessary, just would rather have it like 7.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 9:59 am
Did you use the keyboard or custom buttons...?

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 10:03 am
just tried it myself...browser_enter works also on loaded tracks in the sidelist..but it seems that you either have to work with custom buttons which you can assign to each deck, or indeep you have to use the tab to switch between the decks when useing the keyboard

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 10:11 am
This has been mentioned somewhere else i believe. I'll see if i can find the post.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 10:13 am
Used keyboard buttons

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 10:39 am
Thanks.
Just tried browser_enter in keyboard and custom.It does work as you say, both browser and sidelist.
Except in 7 it would remove the track from the sidelist (playlist) when you loaded it.
The way it works now is that it stays in the sidelist for about 45 seconds. Would prefer it be like 7
whereby it removed track as soon as loaded onto deck.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 10:58 am
as far as i remember, this request ( same request was also when dropping songs manually out of the automix) is reportet to the dev team already...so now we have to wait and see what is happenig. They are quite busy at the moment, so i think it will take a little time before a decision is made...

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 12:36 pm
Gottcha thanks

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 12:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)