Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Scratching volume level

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When scratching a song that the gain is correctly set, I've noticed that the VU meters are full and the limiter light is flashing.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 1:52 pm
I reported this two weeks ago still waiting for an answer

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 3:44 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Maybe with this example, you will understand why: increase the pitch of a deck until +100% and look at the limiter. Then do the same thing in the other way by decreasing the pitch.
Now what is finally a scratch ?

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 4:06 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
pumpitentertainment wrote :
I reported this two weeks ago still waiting for an answer

The answer is to set Pitch Quality in (advanced) options to 1, for a more natural scratch sound.
I would recommend this setting to scratch dj's,
(and the default value '2' for dj's that don't scratch and use the pitch slider in wide ranges with Master tempo on)

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 4:41 pm
Thank you THAT FIXED IT !

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 8:43 pm
Quote :
Maybe with this example, you will understand why: increase the pitch of a deck until +100% and look at the limiter. Then do the same thing in the other way by decreasing the pitch.
Now what is finally a scratch ?

Nope... increasing the pitch to 100% or down to nearly 0% caused the VU meters to drop slightly with the limiter light staying off.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 9:44 am
@Scrinson - have you done this?

apopsis wrote :

The answer is to set Pitch Quality in (advanced) options to 1, for a more natural scratch sound.
(and the default value '2' for dj's that don't scratch and use the pitch slider in wide ranges with Master tempo on)

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 10:20 am
djtouchdan wrote :
@Scrinson - have you done this?

apopsis wrote :

Yes. It does improve the situation but doesn't fix it. The VU meters still hit the top but the limiter no longer flashes. the volume of the scratching is significantly higher than when just playing the track whereas I think the volumes should be about the same.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 10:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)