Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: playlist pause

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is it possible to have an option on the automix playlist so you can load a few songs and it will auto pause at the beginning of the next track. this would be very handy for me. As I also go out solo singing and I use a program call swift elite that does this. it would be great if you could do this as it would be really handy for me. and mabe an option to auto pause and auto cue for that section. this would be wicked as swift is getting very dated. Thank you.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 11:57 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
try set automixDualDeck to yes, having each track loaded a seperate deck. so you have better control if you have to have a manual break
then choose automixe mode "none back to back" so the tracks will be played right to the very end...
maybe not the perfect solution for you, but just give it a try...;-)

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 12:03 pm
Just do not activate Automix at all - map a custom button to load/play the next song from the list ;-)

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 12:50 am
your missing the point. i need it to auto load the next song in the player with it paused. so if i'm talking or explaining something i can use the pause and then press play as i have a special remote that control the computer from where ever i am. this is effectively a left click wireless remote. so i have the freedom to walk and talk and sing and start the song when i want without being near the computer. and it's already loaded and cued the song ready to start when i click my button. maybe an option to change ending of the song to stop and load next song but paused.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 2:22 am
That is a good request, I could see a use for it!! +1

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 5:17 am
I'm not a singer but I work with musicians a lot... Why not create a blank mp3 and call it 1 minute pause or make a few different ones naming them based on how long they are. You know how much time you need between songs when your talking to your audience. As you make a playlist also throw the blank mp3's in as much as you need them. This way you don't even need to be by your computer. Or use iremote to pause it.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 5:55 am
because i cant keep watching the time to make the next song or miss the beginning because it plays on. i need to be able to trigger it with a click when i'm not by my computer. plus it looks more professional to talk a bit and intro the next song. at a press of a tiny button in my pocket it starts the track . the auto load and pause is great in swift elite. this is why i use it. but i'd like to keep the best software running and it wouldn't be so hard for everyone that don't want to use it to just not click the setting for it would it.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 8:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)