Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Virtual Folder - Leave order as I put it

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Guys,

I have created a Virtual Top 40 folder, how do I make the order I place the files in stay, e.g. the order of the top 40 - it is putting them in alphabetical order even though none of the artist, title bars etc. are selected....

Cheers John

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 11:21 am
Bump...

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 6:25 pm
prezPRO InfinityMember since 2005
johntankard wrote :
Hi Guys,

I have created a Virtual Top 40 folder, how do I make the order I place the files in stay, e.g. the order of the top 40 - it is putting them in alphabetical order even though none of the artist, title bars etc. are selected....

Cheers John

Try making a playlist instead of a virtual folder for something like that.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 8:35 pm
I make virtual folders too. I dont want a play list.. I wand a virtual folder.. When you create them, it doesnt always put it in the right spot and then it sometimes does not stay in the right spot in the left side list...

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 10:28 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The difference between a Virtual Folder and a Playlist is that a playlist stores the order, and can have the same entry multiple times.
A Virtual Folder is just like a real folder, it does not have an order, and it can not have the same file multiple times.

So if you want a virtual folder that stores order, that is called a playlist.

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 10:31 am
I dont think we are talking about what is in the folder... BUT rather the position of the folder in the left hand side list... at least that it what I am talking about..

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 11:04 am
oh wait.. he is talking about order in the folder.. I am not :)

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 11:05 am
For chart use (such as top 40) why not use the 'track' field?

People had been asking for it a long time. It's ideal for chart positions.

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 11:20 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
johntankard wrote :
Hi Guys,

Cheers John

Yes I feel you on that 8 vs 7 alphabetical Don't LIKE it

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 2:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)