Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Install or Not Install, That is The Question? - Denon HC4500 - Windows 8.1 - USB 3.0

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HVDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hello,

I have a Denon HC4500, Windows 8.1 and USB 3.0 & a new laptop that has been sitting on my desk. I am thinking about going from 7 to 8 and using my new laptop. Anyone have any experience with the same specs and controller that I have?

Are you all comfortable using Virtual DJ 8 on an important job with hundreds of people staring at you?

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 8:29 pm
DJ_SVOPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've been running version 8 with Windows 8 since it was released and have had no problems running a DAC-3 and an HC4500 on a USB 3.0 port. I'm using a self powered USB 2.0 HUB on the other USB 3.0 port (For trackball and about to test some Akai LPD8's, but that's next week ;) ) and on the laptop's USB 2.0 port I'm running an NI Audio 10 interface. No problems (Knock on wood).

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 8:49 pm
HVDJ wrote :
Hello,

I have a Denon HC4500, Windows 8.1 and USB 3.0 & a new laptop that has been sitting on my desk. I am thinking about going from 7 to 8 and using my new laptop. Anyone have any experience with the same specs and controller that I have?

Are you all comfortable using Virtual DJ 8 on an important job with hundreds of people staring at you?

You should do what you feel comfortable doing. Me I wouldn't take 8 out hell or even 7 out on a new laptop without properly testing for issues. Set it all up at home and dj like you would do normally to test. Then when you feel comfortable take it out to play live, but take your old setup aswell and use as a backup that way if an issue arises you can simply switch back. 8 is a whole new animal which is a little learning curve and needs to be setup by you for you.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 9:14 pm
HVDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I will start playing with 8 at home, keep going with 7 for a little longer... I think thats the best move?

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 7:17 pm
DJ_SVOPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yes. I'm still testing fortunately no problems a couple of config changes and I've had no problems.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 7:35 pm
i had v8 on trial for a week before i actually felt comfortable enough to take it out live, and then i was on edge, you know the crack new software not familiar but man you quickly learn to like it.

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 1:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)