Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: BPM Scanning doesn't work

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The scan engine in VDJ 8 is not working correctly. When I scan several songs, the BPMs are not recognized correctly. Individually Scan a song works correctly.
As soon as I scan more than 10 songs at the same time, the BPMs to be + / - 6 BPM recognized incorrectly.

The beat detection is one of the most important functions, and therefore should work well.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 12:14 am
I have similar symptoms. Individually the calculations are good. On a batch basis, things fall apart although I had some instances where the beat count was along way out. Finding it hard to create specific steps to get a specific outcome. :\

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 1:33 am
wigcityPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have the same problem (using 'broad range' in batch mode) - the BPM gets stuck on a certain value and each subsequent result is the same and the only way to stop scanning is to exit VDJ (build 1806.662). I used the new software at work on Saturday and had to double check every file suggested by my filters (I rely on Harmonic and BPM values). I need to reliably rescan my entire collection some time this week if possible (a LOT of files) so I am looking forward to a quick fix. Apart from that I am getting used to many of the changes and can report that on the whole it works for me (apart from some touch control issues - I am busy rewriting my skin to compensate). There are potentially many exciting possibilities, thanks for all the work so far!

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 4:20 am
prezPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 6:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)