Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: numark v7 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi everyone , i'm having trouble with my platters Numark V7 not responding all the time with VDJ 8 when i hold the platters the song or sample continues to play .. just as if i had a loose connection but everything is fine with any other software ..
THANKS FOR HELP!

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 7:51 pm
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
make sure in setting where vdj shows soundcard select external mixer and denon v7 asio ch12 and 34 if you have 2 units

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 10:03 pm
oops numark v7 then make sure your asio drivers show connected... then it should work it uses the asio and midi of the units

jamm

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 10:04 pm
Same problem here.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 6:01 am
i checked the settings, external mixer, asio, everything.. works fine. but now i keep have the other problem in the first place. when i try to scratch, sometimes it works, sometimes i loose the grip on the software when i hold it. it's like i lost connection with virtual dj. anybody with the same issue? please help

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 7:47 am
We can't be the only two trying to use the V7's and VDJ8.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 7:58 am
did you get it working,
DJ JAMM

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 11:30 pm
DJJAMM wrote :
did you get it working,
DJ JAMM

Nope, I still haven't had any luck.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 11:41 pm
I am also having an issue with my Numark V7's. I have the RMX 2 which seem to work fine but my V7's don't respond at all.

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 2:07 am
Kruell Shall wrote :
I am also having an issue with my Numark V7's. I have the RMX 2 which seem to work fine but my V7's don't respond at all.

Were you able to use them with VDJ7?

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 2:29 am
I stumbled along a simple solution for the Numark V7's & VDJ8. Right after you turn on your setup, press the "Master" switch on then off on your "Slave" unit. By doing so both platters will be responsive. I done that out of a habit from VDJ 7.4 by correcting the double-time speed of the units that plagued the players after they were setup. I was able to spin for hour with the units with VDJ8 with no problems at all in the home studio environment. Give yours a shot and let's see if this is the quick fix!

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 7:11 pm
Yes I'm still currentley using VDJ 7 on my primary setup. I will try your sollution on my but back up and see what happens, thank you.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 12:08 am
Kruell Shall wrote :
Yes I'm still currentley using VDJ 7 on my primary setup. I will try your sollution on my but back up and see what happens, thank you.

I gigged with VDJ8 & V7's for a total of 14 hours last weekend. I didn't tweak anything and there were no problems what so ever. Give yours a try!

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 2:15 am
Did you ever fix the problem?

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 7:08 pm
[quote=dj schmidty]Did you ever fix the problem?[/quote
Yea man, everything is a go. I've been using the V7's every weekend for my 14 hours video performances. No issues what so ever. (As long as I press the Master switch on/off) One of the latest updates also fix the "jittery" wheel while holding the platter still.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 7:48 pm
I have a single V7 that I just clone decks with, as well as switch A/B when needed, and i've really got used to it. I can't complain at all, I really do love using this setup, with vdj7.4 and a numark x6 w/innofader. Perfect combo for me and my many different styles I play with.

However...

I'm sick of looking at vdj 7.4, and i'm ready for a change.

I had a turntablist friend of mine (DJ React) come down and try out my V7s. We downloaded serato DJ (since it would work out of the box with the V7) and he was more than impressed as was I. Now, I don't do an incredible amount of scratching, but when I do do it, I dont want any lag between my hand and the music. In serato we could put the V7's buffer to the fastest setting (I believe it was 1ms), but when we switched back to Vdj, I had to put it at like 8ms or higher, I know it was a few steps slower on the scale of options they provided.

Have you tested out the different latency settings with VDJ8? Is it any faster/slower than VDJ7.4?
I'd really love to get that same speed with VDJ that I experienced in serato DJ!

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 7:35 pm
dj schmidty wrote :
I have a single V7 that I just clone decks with, as well as switch A/B when needed, and i've really got used to it. I can't complain at all, I really do love using this setup, with vdj7.4 and a numark x6 w/innofader. Perfect combo for me and my many different styles I play with.

However...

I'm sick of looking at vdj 7.4, and i'm ready for a change.

I had a turntablist friend of mine (DJ React) come down and try out my V7s. We downloaded serato DJ (since it would work out of the box with the V7) and he was more than impressed as was I. Now, I don't do an incredible amount of scratching, but when I do do it, I dont want any lag between my hand and the music. In serato we could put the V7's buffer to the fastest setting (I believe it was 1ms), but when we switched back to Vdj, I had to put it at like 8ms or higher, I know it was a few steps slower on the scale of options they provided.

Have you tested out the different latency settings with VDJ8? Is it any faster/slower than VDJ7.4?
I'd really love to get that same speed with VDJ that I experienced in serato DJ!

I never had to adjust the buffer with my V7's & VDJ 8. You can adjust if needed. I used my 7's with VDJ 8 last night for a 6 hour video show without one single incident like I have been for the past month or so. I actually warmed up with a scratch routine before I started last night. If so some reason you can't get it tighter then there is a possibility there could be an issue between the software and your pc. Remember, VDJ 8 isn't Serato.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 10:35 pm
hi guys

I wish to use VDJ8 with 2 Numark V7's - SeratoDJ 1.6 - 1.7 has a major bug. The bug is this. Randomly when loading a track into deck B and adjust the pitch slider, a rogue midi signal will restart the track in deck A so its useless for me. I also do not wish to use legacy software such as itch.

What configuration file did you use? I only see NS7 & NS7ii

Thanks

Posted Mon 11 Aug 14 @ 7:10 am
ok forget that

I worked it out

I didn't plug the V7's in.. I was just looking at the available controllers....

now the time for testing!!

Posted Mon 11 Aug 14 @ 7:19 am
katmoda wrote :
ok forget that

I worked it out

I didn't plug the V7's in.. I was just looking at the available controllers....

now the time for testing!!

lol Enjoy!!

Posted Mon 11 Aug 14 @ 11:53 am
87%