Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: The complete dj solution - AUDIO = YES / VIDEO = NO

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have just been to hell and back again, bumped, bruised and bashed my head off the wall a few times.........Still no further forward.

I have to commend all the the Atomix team, Firstly for the release of VDJ 8 it has improved vastly in GUI, Sound and easier all round to work with.........! VIDEO is a big step back.

After 3 gigs this weekend using VDJ8 it's important to share with fellow DJ's, the Atomix Team / Mods, Dev's where I think improvements could / should be made and from what I read is a very common problem (i.e. I don't think I'm alone).

Problem:

Can the Dev team not implement the way we used to select the video option in VDJ 7.4.1 ( Config / Video / choose Video Output =)

You could choose from your Internal Graphics Card or in my case pick the better card 1GB Nvidia card pushing across the external screen / tv / projector. It works flawlessly, No glitches, jumps or stutters with Video's / Karaoke / Graphics / HD Visuals everything runs smooth as silk.

In VDJ8 however it is a massively different story....... Same computer / graphics cards (dual), same controller Denon MC6000, same 42" TV / projector (i.e. nothing changed)

Here's the problem.......

Right clicking and loading V8 on the High Performance Nivida card : Loads up Activating video puts it across to the TV <> But it still runs on the Internal HD graphics card doesn't switch across the the 1GB card. This results in the TV running at about 8 - 10 (FPS) no good can't do anything at all <> video / karaoke / logo's etc......

The only way I can get it to switch across to the Nvidia 1GB card is to go to <> options / video / videoForceFullscreen and change it from '0' to '1'

This does allow the external screen (TV) to run @ about 30 - 32 (FPS) so does help and videos appear to run slightly better / karaoke the words seam too delay, run slowly behind the song, HD Graphics & logos run but are a bit jumpy. If on the laptop you try and hit the '+' , '-' at the top right of the VDJ8 program, Then things get interesting the screen resolution goes daft and fills the screen on the laptop, causing you to have to <CTRL> <ALT> <DEL> and have to Task Manger and shutdown / restart etc....

Also noticed that on the Laptop CPU is good, DPC Latency Checker is in the green and good, the GUI seams very blurry , waveforms run very glitchy , decks look very jumpy & glitchy (when turning), database search / loading songs on both decks does happen but also very very slow, computer fan is on constantly, so somethings not right....

Having said all that <> If I do not SELECT to go to external screen at all..........

Everything runs brilliant, no problems at all, none of the above happens cannot say how good it is sound excellent, fast searching / loading, good waveforms (No Complaints)

So for me to sum up; If I just want to go out and DJ with music (nothing else) VDJ8 wins hands down. Unfortunately if I want to go out and do karaoke / music videos / HD Graphics & Logo's looks like I will have to stick to VDJ 7.4.1 as it works flawlessly can't fault it.

So why the change to VDJ8 on the way we select VIDEO OPTION ? It worked flawlessly in VDJ 7.4.1, I get all the other improvements which are great but in my view they got to address this issue as it is a step back the way, If we can't use all the functions that worked in the previous versions.

I personally think that is where the problem lies on the video problems people are having! I'm not sure how the Dev's will FIX / address the issue... But something has changed in the way we select this......., and is putting massive loads on the laptops, making them not being able to handle anything with VIDEO in it.

As I said I am only trying to sort / help out everyone on hear (who are having similar problems) and hopefully we can get a resolve to this issue.

I would welcome any comments from Mod's or Dev's and would help in any way I can to get this resolved.

Dell XPS L701X 17"
I5 Quad Core @ 2.53Ghz
8 GB Ram
SSD 128GB , 1TB Internal Drive

Dual Graphics: Interal HD 1600X900 @ 60Hz, 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 435M @ 1920x1080 @ 60Hz

Windows 7 OS 64 bit

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 5:42 pm
Strange ? No comments or suggestions from any one.

I been testing this every day for the last couple of weeks, But this weekend I had to switch back to VDJ 7.4.1 within the first hour of every gig, As soon as I activated on to external screen that's when the problems came.

Up till that point doing just Audio, It rocked with no problems whatsoever.

So not all bad! Just need to address the Video Output problem we are experiencing.

Can we not just resort back to the way we selected it before in the last version
it didn't cause anywhere near the problems it's causing now ?

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 3:50 am
Have you checked your laptop power options?

I run a MBP boot camped with Window 7, my computer has two video cards similar to what you guys are taking about.

On battery power it is set to use the poor low quality video card to save battery power.
But, on mains power it is set to use the high quality video card only.
Could this be your issue?

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 6:47 am
@ djsoulman

Thanks for the reply...

I always run from mains powered, Set to max performance so defo not that
I'm afraid.

My brains fried and looked at most things updated graphics card drivers, MC6000, Asio drivers everything I can think of.

Keep coming back to the way it's hooking across to the Video Output.

Option '0' only runs on Internal HD on both lappy + Ext Screen

Option '1' can get it to go to Internal HD lappy, Nvidia 1gb on Ext Screen when I force it a across via VideoForceScreen but it runs very glitchy.

Something has changed in the way this is being done now!!!!

Keeps pointing to that, VDJ 7.4.1 runs flawlessly.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 7:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)