Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: NS6 Left Layer Button Swapped

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So I still have this small issue with V8 and my ns6, where when on deck 1 the left layer button says 3 even though it's on 1. Not so in v7, and all else control wise is normal I think, faders still work for appropriate channels, videos play, fx work, and VDJ is still working deck 1 just the layer button shows 3. I've tried the mixer_order command, deleting and resetting device and mapper files, rebooted the ns6, uninstalled/ reinstalled drivers as well as v8, and also tried on my laptop with the same result.

As I said it's a minor issue considering all else works ok, but a little annoying and at times a bit confusing.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 1:58 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
the NS6 has Hardware Layers, meaning that you can change that even if VirtualDJ is closed. You dont see that, as the Leds require a dj software to work, but it happens, and we currently have no way to control this.
so, what you need to do in case your decks are swapped (e.g. you see Layer 1 on the Led but t actually controls decks 3)
Press the Layer button once, close VirtualDJ and relaunch. Thats it !

Tip. In order to avoid this from happening again, just make sure decks 1 and 2 are left and right selected when you close VirtualDJ

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 4:42 pm
That sort of works, when vdj starts it still pops up as deck 3 on the layer button but will still load on deck 3. However if I close when the layer says 1 upon restarts it says deck 3 & goes back to controlling deck 1, if I close it with deck 3 showing upon restart the layer button says 3 and controls deck 3. I hope this is making sense. I've actually had problems like you described before and for that yeah it was an easy fix, but this is somehow a bit different. As I said first time loading it on my secondary computer (the laptop) it did the same thing as on my gigging computer with the layer button saying 3 even though it was deck 1, also no such issue with 7.4.1

p.s. even though the workaround controls deck 1 when layer says 1, it still makes deck 3 the active deck preventing me from using fx, video and such

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 10:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)