Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: What type of image should I use to change the logo?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

before v8 I used the SHOWLOGO plugin, always worked perfect with a png image file, now I see in v8 its built in to the software but when I use the same image I have always used its very blocky around the edges, is there a recommended file format for the logo file?

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 8:28 am
TantrixPRO InfinityMember since 2013
There is png 8 bit and png 24 bit make sure you use png 24.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 12:30 pm
All of the plugins from 7, do not work in 8. Please give the developers some time to work out the kinks, to those plugins. I'm not sure about that plugin, so maybe we can take a look at it.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 12:30 pm
Tantrix, it's working for you?

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 12:32 pm
Yes but with one caveat ... once you set the show logo it cannot be changed or the program will crash. I use it for transparent frames "similar to firetext" and it seems to work ok (knock on wood).

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 1:14 pm
That's a big caveat. Do you mean you can't change the image, or you can't turn off the plugin?

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 1:24 pm
You can change the image but when you try to close the showlogo control panel (on the right side of the screen) it will crash. When you set the logo fir the first time it will not crash...only when you try to change it within the same DJ session. I have a video below to show it actually works.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 1:41 pm
This is far from ideal but to test it it was fine and will do for testing purposes until firetext becomes available for version 8

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 1:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)