Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: my first gig with 8 and a couple of questions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just finished a video gig for 450 people thought i would use 8 instead of 7.4. worked great but I have A couple of questions.
1. I'm using a ddj-sx and i hit the 4 deck button by mistake and the song i loaded up wasn't the track i thought i had loaded into deck two. I panicked and restarted the program over it took a couple of songs before i realized what i did. with 7.4 if i was using a two deck skin there was no chance of loading a song into a deck that wasn't one the screen.
2. having problems with the random video transition i have it activated but it doesn't seem to switch transitions.
3. i have the program set up to use milkdrop for non-video tracks but once i play a audio only song the milkdrop won't shut of (milkdrop looks amazing btw)
4. the video effects are hard to shut on and off. i use firetext to put my hone number on the screen for requests but i used the text function this gig but it is harder to shut on and off then with 7.4

any help with these things would be great. thanks
sam

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 1:43 am
sammysrecroom wrote :
Just finished a video gig for 450 people thought i would use 8 instead of 7.4. worked great but I have A couple of questions.
1. I'm using a ddj-sx and i hit the 4 deck button by mistake and the song i loaded up wasn't the track i thought i had loaded into deck two. I panicked and restarted the program over it took a couple of songs before i realized what i did. with 7.4 if i was using a two deck skin there was no chance of loading a song into a deck that wasn't one the screen.
2. having problems with the random video transition i have it activated but it doesn't seem to switch transitions.
3. i have the program set up to use milkdrop for non-video tracks but once i play a audio only song the milkdrop won't shut of (milkdrop looks amazing btw)
4. the video effects are hard to shut on and off. i use firetext to put my hone number on the screen for requests but i used the text function this gig but it is harder to shut on and off then with 7.4

any help with these things would be great. thanks
sam

1. Can't help you, don't own the unit

2. Some of the transitions do not work in 8. You will need to test to find which ones. Or look around the forum, it has been discussed.

3. There is a setting in options/video/VideoAudioOnlyVisualisation. Select Milkdrop in there, you do not activate on decks or master.

4. Unfortunately, all of the effects are not working as they should. The developers of these plugins, are working to get them to work in 8. You will need to try these things out, before the gig, to avoid any surprises. Glad your gig went well.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 2:21 am
In VirtualDJ v8, the number of decks is determined by both the skin and controller. This allows you to optionally utilise decks 3&4 as well as avoids the wraparound issue in v7 (Where decks 3&4 of a 4 deck controller wrap back around to control 1&2 when using a 2 deck skin.)

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 7:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)