Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: TIME CODE DRIFTING vdj 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

First of all I would like to congratulate the team for a wonderful software. Sound is really crisp and design is great, scratch seems to have been improved greatly.

These are the issues i'm facing with the timecodes:-

*Despite having a perfect signal, the timecode seem to be drifting(worked perfectly in VDJ7)

*BPM counter is all over the place while the track is playing

*Time code engine seems to not track position or speed of disc really

*Random skips and jumps in song position, the CUE points set on the Pioneer CDJ 2000s seems to lose it's accuracy or it's location

ALL OF THIS TESTED USING A MAYA 44 USB SOUNDCARD WHICH ALSO WORKS WELL IN VDJ 7
INTEL BASED LAPTOP i5 with 6GB RAM
TIMECODE USED WAS SERATO OPERATING IN SMART-RELATIVE MODE

I have done most the suggestions like change pitch quality to 1 and so forth, any help will be welcomed THANKS!

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 10:50 pm
hi, can anyone help with timecode issuse in version 8. my problem is the speed is fluctuating up and down in timecode settings. i have perfect signal and detection. i am using serato cvo2 timecoded vinyl, my interface box is hercules dj trim 4&6. laptop spec is windows 8.1,processor intel i5-4200u@1.6ghz 23ghz, 8gb ram. dont have this problem with version 7, could you please help. kevindiskin2. thank you.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 1:42 pm
kevindiskin2 wrote :
hi, can anyone help with timecode issuse in version 8. my problem is the speed is fluctuating up and down in timecode settings. i have perfect signal and detection. i am using serato cvo2 timecoded vinyl, my interface box is hercules dj trim 4&6. laptop spec is windows 8.1,processor intel i5-4200u@1.6ghz 23ghz, 8gb ram. dont have this problem with version 7, could you please help. kevindiskin2. thank you.

Direct your posts about time codes here http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/187224/VirtualDJ_8_bug-report_Forum/Timecode_users_________.html
you are not alone with this issue

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 2:27 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
As above there is a thread for timecode issues; please use that.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 7:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)