Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: We need an FAQ sticky for v8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

If I see 'How do I turn the album art off?' one more time!

Just put a sticky up with the most asked questions and answers for Pete's sake :)

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 1:23 pm
TantrixPRO InfinityMember since 2013
^^This^^

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 1:35 pm
They will not look at it. They will still ask here. They will ask a question, in the thread, that the answer is in, because they did not read the beginning of the thread.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 4:13 pm
can u help me ? i can't turn off the album art ?

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 4:36 pm
pretty sure I asked it too in a thread in the first couple days (if not hours) so i'll join that crowd.

tried to ask for specific threads at least to sort type of issues so that they could be concentrated in
one for video, one for audio, but that was shot down, so now its 60 pages of threads to search through.
and we all looove doing searches on this site don't we?

and while I don't want to upset the applecart with this - what use are album covers these days? it's next to useless for searching. we only search song titles and artists and maybe genre and year in the search bar. good luck searching through with a customer who thinks they know what the cover art was back in the 80's especially if you're someplace you can't download it.

a simple option to completely turn it off throughout the software is what they're asking for right?

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 5:00 pm
wildcountryclub wrote :
and while I don't want to upset the applecart with this - what use are album covers these days? it's next to useless for searching. we only search song titles and artists and maybe genre and year in the search bar. good luck searching through with a customer who thinks they know what the cover art was back in the 80's especially if you're someplace you can't download it. a simple option to completely turn it off throughout the software is what they're asking for right?

Puck it, I'll help you, let's have apples everywhere. This is beyond my comprehension, and I was mingling with the Gods, at one time in my life. Why, why, why??????? Who has time to even look at them? Even if you do, what are you looking for? Searching through with a customer???? I did not allow that, when I was using vinyl. Hey, I gave up. To each his own.

Chuck, thanks for the laugh, I can always depend on you. It also saved me from posting what I really thought.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 5:58 pm
glad you had a laugh ...... i agree with wild 100% especially about sorting the v8 issues into audio/video/other categories .........

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 6:09 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
The release is still new. There is not enough time for the Team to know what will be asked frequently.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 6:32 pm
wildcountryclub wrote :
a customer who thinks they know what the cover art was

That reminds me of one gig when a woman came up and asked me for a track by describing what happened in the video.

I didn't have a clue what she was referring to as I don't watch music videos.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 6:51 pm
how ever do you survive in this day and age.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 6:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)