Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: ignoreDrives OPTION

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

How Do You Set the ignoreDrive option.
It Displays it as 0, and When I Go and CHANGE it to Drive Letter C (it ACCEPTS the Change) and I CLOSE the settings.

BUT WHEN I GO BACK to the OPTIONS it is SET BACK to 0, and writes the Files to the DATABASE.

All it Says in the User's Guide (Manual page 106) is "List of drives to ignore when looking for VirtualDJ databases" , AND NOT HOW to MODIFY the Field.

Thanks
Jose

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 12:53 pm
ALSO.. Why is the TOPIC showing UP as Read, when all I DID was to MODIFY my TOPIC

Jose

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 12:59 pm
WOW.. Hours Later... NO ANSWER

Thanks Again
Jose

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 12:17 pm
I have asked the question as to if it is working - how do we configure. And if it isn't working can it be fixed.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 12:59 pm
If it's set to 0 then I'd say it needs to be set to 1 (etc) to change it.

[tries it] yes, I can set it to 1 and it doesn't get reset. What next though?

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 1:06 pm
As far I can Remember the OS uses LETTERS for Disk Drive assignment.
What does changing to 1 Do.
What about IF you want to Omit more then one (drive).

Thanks
Jose

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 1:36 pm
Yes I know the OS uses letters - but you've already said that doesn't work.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 1:42 pm
Thanks for your Reply groovindj
I'll be WAITING for the Proper ANSWER.

BTW.. We ALL can Order a PIZZA since that WORKS across all PLATFORMS, while we WAIT for the FIXES.

Thanks Again
Jose

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 1:48 pm
as far as I remember, for example you have 3 drives: c d e
first drive is 1
second is 2
4, 8,16....

if you want to ignore more drives just sum that numbers:

example hide drive c and e is 1+4 =5 so you put number 5 there

I am not sure if you have skipped some drive letters in your system and only C G and J are your driveletters if it works like I described above so only valid drives are counted for 1,2,4,8,16,32,64.... or

Maybe I am wrong and it is shifted and you need to count the nonexistent drives too: a=1 b=2 c=4 ...

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 3:20 pm
Lopez453 .. Where in the WORLD did you Come with This (sounds Like DMX addressing).

If I set it to 5 (as you explained) am I telling it Ignore Drives C & E or ONLY Drive G?
Is it Somewhere in the USER GUILD (not on page 106).

NEED a RESPONES from SOMEONE WHO KNOWS (Dev Team Member) the CORRECT Answer. I can See you have VIP status Mr. Lopez

BTW.. I Did set to 1, and it Kept it.

Thanks
Jose

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 12:04 am
which drives you have?
which you want to hide?

i will try on my pc.
idea is similar to dmx - one jumper one drive, i dont want to cunfuse hou,
just please answer the questions above.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 12:28 am
This info is available in the VDJ wiki at: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/RegistryValues.html

search for "ignore"

IgnoreDrives:

by default if VirtualDJ recognizes a viable track on a drive it will create and use the database on that drive to represent that tracks information. The ability to restrict access to specific drives from VirtualDJ was created so drives with ‘junk’ or ‘undesirable’ data will be ignored. The registry entry IgnoreDrives is used to ignore drives from VirtualDJ creating a DB on those drives. The registry entry is a DWORD value and using the HEX value grid below you can determine which drives to restrict from VirtualDJ.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M
1 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 256 512 1024 2048 4096
N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
8192 16384 32768 65536 131072 262144 524288 1048576 2097152 4194304 8388608 16777216 33554432

(by default: 0)
To restrict drive D: you would use a registry value of 8
To restrict multiple drives sum their values – drives D:,F:, and I: 8+32+256 = 296

You CAN NOT restrict access to the drive containing the MASTER Core database file in the My Documents\VirtualDJ folder
Hot swap will require you to change the flag if the letter of the drive changes.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 3:33 am
Not exactly what you'd call "user friendly" is it?

LOL

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 7:42 am
You are right, it's called BINARY LOGIC that's usually meant for machines, thus not very user friendly :-)

Personally I think not many people hide their drives, but I understand Your concern.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 7:52 am
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I've used the method described on the wiki, seems same as it was in 7.4.1, but it doesn't seem to work in V8.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 12:00 pm
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Lopez is correct in how you set the values to ignore drives. It hasn't changed and was exactly the same way in VDJ7, only in 8 you have access to these settings in the options without messing with the registry.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 12:20 pm
You CAN NOT restrict access to the drive containing the MASTER Core database file in the My Documents\VirtualDJ folder
Hot swap will require you to change the flag if the letter of the drive changes.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 12:22 pm
Thanks for your Response Lopez453.
Looking at the RegistryValues, I WILL CHANGE the igroneDrive value to 4 (for my C Drive).

GaryBr.. In VDJ 7.4 WE Just whould go to CONFIG then BROSWER and select the DRIVE we wanted on the DATABASAE (dropdown box and NOT with a RegistryValue)

ALSO as you MENTIONED "You CAN NOT restrict access to the drive containing the MASTER Core database file in the My Documents\VirtualDJ folder"
That WOULD BE DIRIVE C, which EVERYONE has Files (Songs) That SHOULD NOT BE INCLUDEED on the VDJ 8 Database.

Thanks
Jose

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 5:01 pm
I'm pretty sure what you are talking about is two different things?

Isn't what you described doing in v7 just removing the drive from the browser? You can still do that in v8. I only ever used the registry to ignore a drive in v7.

I think there is a difference between ignore a drive and removing it from favourites.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 1:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)