Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Another anomaly

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TantrixPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Ok the pic below says it all. It is only happening to this song (so far) it was fine the last time I played it a few days ago.

Any thoughts?

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 11:43 am
OK a little bump. The pic above shows that the end of the song is loaded at the beginning of the track and the start of the song is loaded at the end of the track with no middle. Start talking...lol.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 1:10 pm
Can you confirm this is with the latest build?

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 1:42 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
Can you confirm this is with the latest build?

This was after the upgrade today....I tried other songs and they seems to load fine. I even loaded the same song in winamp and it also was fine.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 2:08 pm
Is that a bang (!) I see after the time displayed in the deck?

If so, VDJ has flagged it as corrupt in some way.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 2:18 pm
groovindj wrote :
Is that a bang (!) I see after the time displayed in the deck?

If so, VDJ has flagged it as corrupt in some way.

Yes sir it appears that it is! I didn't even notice it! I will try to re-analyze it and report back.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 3:56 pm
Strangely enough, after a reboot the file loaded ok....hmmm. The ! is still there though, so I changed skins and the ! is gone....very strange.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 4:11 pm
Another bug - random bangs?

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 4:14 pm
So, maybe it's the skin. Does it happen in the other player?

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 4:14 pm
When I rebooted and loaded the song again (with the same skin) it loaded fine but the "!" is still there. When the same song is loaded into another skin it also loads fine but there is no ! by the time.

Maybe it was just a freak error but originally, I unloaded and reloaded the song 5 or 6 times with the same error.

I do have another question though.... I see there are a bunch of v8.0 skins now but no real movement for effects and visualizations and transitions. Any idea when there might be more visualizations and other tools added? The one thing I used all the time was the free firetext pluging which allowed me to make transparent frames that would act as a mask of my visualizations and videos etc. I use this effect often for personalized weddings, anniversaries and or bars and special occasions. See below and you will see what I mean. The custom example below was a 50th Anniversary I did recently.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 4:31 pm
What's the track doing in the browser when this ! is coming and going on the deck?

The ! is supposed to be there because the track's been analyzed and flagged as corrupt - so the ! should always be there in the browser once it's been flagged.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 4:44 pm
groovindj wrote :
What's the track doing in the browser when this ! is coming and going on the deck?

The ! is supposed to be there because the track's been analyzed and flagged as corrupt - so the ! should always be there in the browser once it's been flagged.

OK I just loaded the song again and got the same....20 seconds of the end of the song at the start with about the same from the beginning of the song at the end and all that dead air in the center. And of course the !. It appears that it does not like the song Roar because I have 4 versions of the song and all 4 versions I get the ! but they are loading ok. I wonder if it may be the hdd .... but its only 8 months old.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 5:06 pm
Is there a way to make a filter folder that will list all the flagged songs? I have close to 35000 songs and I don't want to go through each one individually?

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 5:07 pm
No there isn't. I've asked for this a few times, including recently.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 5:21 pm
Wait, are you saying no other songs give you the (!), except Roar? This happens in both decks?

EDIT: I need more info on the graphic above; how, with what, you know, all the details.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 5:21 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
Wait, are you saying no other songs give you the (!), except Roar? This happens in both decks?

EDIT: I need more info on the graphic above; how, with what, you know, all the details.

That's exactly what I am saying...lol....sounds messed up. I even loaded 30 or 40 other songs in order to see if most of the song would be missing or if there would be the ! and nothing. The strange thing is is that I got all the versions of the song at different times.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 5:26 pm
Might be some type of voodoo sh*t.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 5:42 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
Might be some type of voodoo sh*t.

LMAO....I don't know...but I will try to re-rip the songs and see what happens.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 5:54 pm
Don't forget, I need the details about you graphic above.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 6:25 pm
I did it with firetext.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)