Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Moving settings to a new PC

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everyone, I want to move all my settings to a new PC, when I was using 7 I just had to copy the virtual DJ folder over and all was good, I have done it on 8 and it's not saved all my favourite song lists and custom skin mappers. Is there another folder / file I also need to move over to the new PC? Thanks in advance

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 4:01 am
prezPRO InfinityMember since 2005
djtrottycouk wrote :
Hi everyone, I want to move all my settings to a new PC, when I was using 7 I just had to copy the virtual DJ folder over and all was good, I have done it on 8 and it's not saved all my favourite song lists and custom skin mappers. Is there another folder / file I also need to move over to the new PC? Thanks in advance

copy the
C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\VirtualDJ
the actual settings are in the "settings.xml" file, but copy the whole directory to get everything.

EDIT:
depending on where your music library is, in the root of that drive will be another VirtualDJ folder with the library databse for those files and a "Folders" file for favorites

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 6:17 pm
Thanks for the info, I have moved it all across now and all the settings have moved fine, the only problem I have now is that all my favorites don't save, I spend some time putting the favorite folders to keep myself organised, closed VDJ to make sure it all saved and when I reopen the programme all my favorites are gone again, tried it a few times and the same thing happens every time. Really don't understand what happening with it. Have double checks by v7 and all my folders are still there just as i saved them before.

I have even tried uninstalling and starting from scratch but it still wont save my favorite folders. Lost at what to do, v8 runs so well but this is really annoying!

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 8:08 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)