Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: My playlists automix in/out points, got REPLACED, and other related problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mizurPRO InfinityMember since 2003
In the newer version all my playlist songs lost all their automix in/out points and got replaced by automatic new ones.

I have tenths of playlists and all of them were created with specific mix points for my own reasons, and now all those mix points have disappeared, I'm actually scared of loading any more playlists to the newer version of VDJ8

Lots of time has gone to waist.

Further more I loved the old "move the green line" system, it was by no means perfect, but it worked fast and precise.

Now with the poi and mix editors is just to complicated.

Please bring back the green line to arrange or position automix points on the fly within the playing deck.

Besides, when the controller is connected the automix editor can only be heard in headphones, there is no handy choice to select main speakers, and while editing, if there is no choice but to edit, I like to hear on main speakers.

Also the play/stop button within the editor, DOES NOT work half the time, it gets stuck on play, or starts stuttering.

This was far simpler in previous versions... by simply dragging the green line in the track....

And the points getting replaced by automatic new ones, is just NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!!

We take lots of time to get them just right.

I'm actually considering a rollback til' you get all things sorted...

One step forward, three steps back... very sorry to say...

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 8:11 pm
***UPDATE***

On VDJ7 all my playlist mix points are intact... that is good news.... but still...

I would like to someday use VDJ8 again...

And this problem appeared on latest version.

I previously used the software (VDJ8) around May 10th (mother's day party), and had no problem with my playlists, even the green line was available, as far as I recall.

All problems appeared on latest version.

Please bring back the green line!!!

And PLEASE!!! let our old, hand picked, mix in/out points prevail over new automatic ones.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 8:24 pm
***UPDATE***

Today I tried the reverse and the same problem

Created a playlist on VDJ8 and personalized in/out points in the "automix editor", saved the playlist and closed.

Then I opened the playlist on VDJ7 and the same problem, all in/out points created on 8 disappeared...

So the problem actually runs both ways...

Personalized In/out points created for automix playlists on 7, disappear on 8, and vice versa, In/out points created for automix playlists on 8 disappear on 7.

Please go back to VDJ7 automix "move the green line" style, it was faster and simpler.

Or at least let us create the playlists on 7, and USE THEM ON 8!!!

As said, this was possible just 15 days ago on VDJ8!!!!

Please help!

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 10:04 pm
gbeulPRO InfinityMember since 2007
mizur wrote :
***UPDATE***

Today I tried the reverse and the same problem

Created a playlist on VDJ8 and personalized in/out points in the "automix editor", saved the playlist and closed.

Then I opened the playlist on VDJ7 and the same problem, all in/out points created on 8 disappeared...

So the problem actually runs both ways...

Personalized In/out points created for automix playlists on 7, disappear on 8, and vice versa, In/out points created for automix playlists on 8 disappear on 7.

Please go back to VDJ7 automix "move the green line" style, it was faster and simpler.

Or at least let us create the playlists on 7, and USE THEM ON 8!!!

As said, this was possible just 15 days ago on VDJ8!!!!

Please help!

first of all i also whant the green line back!

with v8 all your files and information was converted to a new database wich resists in the virtualdj folder in each drive that contains musik.

that means that your v7 information is not touched! and thats why your old play list works

playlists with poi in v8 are inkompatible with v7 as v7 is not aware off the new database and the new contend!
the playlist folder is the same wich means you see the v8 playlist but the poi info is in the database and v7 is not aware what a poi is

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 3:23 am
Hi Guys... In total agreement about the green line so handy and not complicated!!!!! I don't mind the new POI features but the green line was very handy in automix to remove extended silences etc.

PLEASE BRING BACK THE GREEN LINE VDJ PEOPLE!!! Even to have it back and keep POI would be fine!!

PS. Does anyone from VDJ read these forums?

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 12:56 pm
Hi there,

I have the same problem.
The Tempo- and Cut-Points in about 5000 Songs were replaced by the automatic ones of V8 during conversion, first load or BPM/Key detection.
And this is an action, every user must do. So there is no chance to hide it.
Every Song must be checked, if all the cue-points are on their right position and then experimenting, which is the right time for the shift_all_cues.
Is it possible to make a - let me say - "Set all Cue-Points to the nearest beat"-Action ?

I don't have the time to set them all to their right position again. Every song has approx. 5 Cue-Points plus 4 Automix-Points.

That is a point, why a change to V8 is a no go for me at the moment.

Please find a way to "let the hands off" the automix-points.

Best regards,
Rag

Posted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 8:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)