Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Browser - Wishes & new features - Page: 20

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Wishlist...

Effects: After docking an effects ui in the browser, an option that would have it reappear as left if vdj is closed. An expansion of the idea: remembering each tracks settings separately, globally, or a combination of both in regards to an effects adjustments. As well as the ability to have it remember the effects used and loaded in your button controlled effects slots. IE auto changes a slot from a beat grid to loop roll etc if that was changed last use in regards to a user definable global default.

Wave display:

Option to display 2 different wav forms of the current but at different zoom levels. Essentially a scratch type view but runs full and parallel the default

Controller mapping:

A calculator of sorts that could get you through the majority of a buttons potential programming. leaving you an if not automatic or implemented right now edit to said map but at minimum something that can be copy and pasted. I picture something drop down box driven that you fill in the blanks of the overall objective as much as possible, then once a button clicked, it displays its interpretation of the code needed to achieve desired effect. This would help alot when trying to implement ideas on the go that might end up being track specific. Or when mapping out functions for buttons like pfl. Every deck on a 4 channel has one but when trying to individually map each to do something different in regards to a global or channel specific setting it can get tricky fast for some. Or a service that charges for custom controller maps etc. IE I'll write/draw out how everything should work and pay an expert to program lol. Especially with vdjs my go to difference in regards to serato, intuitivenes and to know if thought up it can most likely be mapped to a button setup. Only problem is I'm not a programmer at all thus theres a bar for entry. Painters paint and brush builders build brushes. Let's Bob Ross this!

Posted Thu 28 Jun 18 @ 5:03 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I do mapping services outside vdjForums and I'll tell you the hard bit is the user!
user "I want button A to do this & button B to do that"
me "right... you can see they'll conflict with each other?"

as for mapping repeated buttons like you mentioned pfl the query you need is

device_side 1 ? action for deck 1 : decive_side 2 ? action for deck 2 : etc
meh I suppose it's enough for a short topic on the script school thread...

Posted Thu 28 Jun 18 @ 5:17 pm
NO DUPLICATES to be saved on karaoke history by venue and singer.
The saving of karaoke history by venue and singer name is a great feature, BUT it would be much better if it didn't keep saving as duplicates if the same singer sings the same song on different dates. Please find a fix for this.

Posted Mon 23 Jul 18 @ 12:01 pm
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
TAG Editor : Genre (5 predefined list : Pop, Rock , House , ... ) aka Color .
Reason ?? Fast adjustment during play.
Ideal: have an opportunity editing predefined list .

Posted Wed 29 Aug 18 @ 5:39 pm
Hi guys...

Been a while since I asked for a new feature ;-)

Global database filters. In the same way you can filter to Video/Music/Karaoke, could we write our own global filters using the built in script language. A nice touch could be to right click a folder/song and say "Add to global filter->List of Global Filters".

Yes we can write local filters to do this, but if we had global filters our local filters would operate on the reduced file set. Potentially saving a lot of duplication of effort (wow)!

Much like how nested filters would work, but without having to do the nesting. Every filter or virtual folder would work to the reduced list of tracks.

Examples:

• Theme nights - I might be doing an 80's or 90's night.
  • No explicit lyrics - Yes you can highlight them, but why not have a global filter that removes any track with "explicit" in the song title
  • Genres - Great for those nights where you need to stick to a specific genre. Much like a theme night

The point here is that you should be able to toggle through global filters in the same way as the Video/Music/Karaoke global filters so that if you need switch to a specific set of tracks for a period you could do so. Not just for the entire night.

In fact, global filters should sit above Video/Music/Karaoke for all the reasons I've outlined already.

Thanks for reading...

Posted Sun 23 Sep 18 @ 6:16 pm
Drag files out of VDJ.

this feature has been requested in the past many times.

Serato, Traktor, Itunes, Engine Prime all support this feature.

it's about time VDJ did this too.

Posted Thu 27 Sep 18 @ 7:12 am
GadgetMan wrote :
Hi guys...

Been a while since I asked for a new feature ;-)

Global database filters. In the same way you can filter to Video/Music/Karaoke, could we write our own global filters using the built in script language. A nice touch could be to right click a folder/song and say "Add to global filter->List of Global Filters".

Yes we can write local filters to do this, but if we had global filters our local filters would operate on the reduced file set. Potentially saving a lot of duplication of effort (wow)!

Much like how nested filters would work, but without having to do the nesting. Every filter or virtual folder would work to the reduced list of tracks.

Examples:

• Theme nights - I might be doing an 80's or 90's night.
  • No explicit lyrics - Yes you can highlight them, but why not have a global filter that removes any track with "explicit" in the song title
  • Genres - Great for those nights where you need to stick to a specific genre. Much like a theme night

The point here is that you should be able to toggle through global filters in the same way as the Video/Music/Karaoke global filters so that if you need switch to a specific set of tracks for a period you could do so. Not just for the entire night.

In fact, global filters should sit above Video/Music/Karaoke for all the reasons I've outlined already.

Thanks for reading...

Posted Thu 27 Sep 18 @ 7:15 am
djkz wrote :

That's still a folder by folder solution which is exactly what we shouldn't have to do. I don't want to create copy after copy of my virtual or filter folders.

If I can apply a global filter, my one set of finely tuned folders will respect the global filter first.

This is exactly how AUDIO/VIDEO/KARAOKE work. I have folders with music and video in. I always have video files hidden unless I'm DJing where I can use them at which point I flick the switch and they appear in situ - exactly where I expect them to. Not after scrolling through multiple copies of the same folder.

Make sense?

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Thu 27 Sep 18 @ 8:47 am
not sure what you are going at .. from my understanding, audio/video/karaokee are filters with database scope. that are enabled or disabled

perhaps that's what you are looking for a way to create db filters that can be turned on/off with a click of a button.

Posted Fri 28 Sep 18 @ 6:19 pm
Option to see a waveform in browser area. Would allow to see cue points, drops and energy of track while browsing.

Posted Fri 28 Sep 18 @ 7:26 pm
Text is translated via Google

When I quickly create a playlist I basically copy the files into an extra folder
For this I also use the VDJ Browser and copy via right-click - File Options - Copy to ...

Since the menu-slide is always very elaborate, I wanted to me a keyboard shortcuts.
But find no definition.
I would be very happy, as well as many Facebook & forum users about this additional function.

Greetings from Berlin
Ralf

Posted Mon 15 Oct 18 @ 10:31 pm
rename virtual folders with emojicons.

it currently allows renaming. but doesn't know how to handle emojicons properly.

Posted Mon 05 Nov 18 @ 2:33 pm
Hello everybody,

And why not a search by Folder name?

Personally, I would really like to be able to find folders just by typing their names.
It would allow me to rearrange them and also find music that go together (same album, same temporary folder ...)

Hope to see such an option in the future.

Thanks!

Posted Tue 06 Nov 18 @ 12:08 pm
I've asked more than once, to keep it in front of mind, (just a wish, not a demand ;) ) for seperate browsers (windows) for players that have more than one display screen. Midi controllers with seperate screens or like me, more than one XDJ controller with each there own display...

Now I'm using more and more 3 CDJ players setup or a 3 XDJ players setup (both with a mixer ofcourse).
But I'm getting more and more frustrated with just one browser that displays (duplicates) over all the players and scrolls over all three players simultaneously.

I have to use RB more and more to achieve the speed of changing tunes which is not possible anymore with VDJ and 2 or 3 CDJ/XDJ players because the folders are to far away from each other so scrolling to the next folder (again) is becoming too time consuming.

For the current popular gig's I have to play a song for a minute sometimes litlle longer sometimes little less and then next one and so on.

Now I'm still not going to demand, because I know that's not how it works, but is it technically possible anyway to achieve seperate browsers with current VDJ software?
Not the floating one, but seperate browser per player? Just curious.

PS: You can send me a private message if you want to prevent a load of requests for that feature after replying ;)

Posted Tue 06 Nov 18 @ 12:31 pm
Request: Multiple Sidelists and the ability to save/load lists

I use the sidelist feature as a way of creating a second list of my favourite tracks or tracks I might want to use while mixing, almost like a playlist if you will.

Its a great shortcut to finding tracks i want to use but it would be great to be able to save and load lists to/from disk, that way it would be possible to create a different list for each different genre of music or a list for each mix etc.

I think this could be really handy for everyone.

Posted Thu 29 Nov 18 @ 12:29 pm
dungeonseeker wrote :
Request: Multiple Sidelists and the ability to save/load lists

I use the sidelist feature as a way of creating a second list of my favourite tracks or tracks I might want to use while mixing, almost like a playlist if you will.

Its a great shortcut to finding tracks i want to use but it would be great to be able to save and load lists to/from disk, that way it would be possible to create a different list for each different genre of music or a list for each mix etc.

I think this could be really handy for everyone.

Think about this request and the previous one. Having multiple sidelists could be advantageous for many reasons as described here, but also above as having a sidelist for each deck/controller with its own display.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Fri 30 Nov 18 @ 9:11 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Fri 30 Nov 18 @ 9:15 am
djsadimPRO InfinityMember since 2006
added to the menu BROWSER OPTIONS the "lockfolderorder"

Posted Fri 28 Dec 18 @ 9:39 pm
Would like an option in Sidelist to play all tracks next in automix playlist.

I have a "jukebox"type setup in my bar, which is basically a skin which i use on a touchscreen that only shows the browser and playlist, no decks, volume or anything.
I encourage customers in my bar to search for videos they want to see and drag them into the playlist. But it would be easier to just have them drag them into the sidebar, then have them played automatically, then revert back to the playlist, which they can't see.

I'm not aware of a way I can do this at the moment.

Posted Wed 02 Jan 19 @ 11:18 am
Search option for 'label' tag?

Why is it not possible to select 'label' as an option for searching in the browser?

For example I might want to search for Motown, which is a label not a genre.

Posted Sat 16 Mar 19 @ 9:11 am
49%