Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Initial problems with Virtual DJ8 Icecast2 and Video Lag and Freezing Issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

zoelassPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Okay, I used VDJ 8 for the first time the other evening broadcasting for the radio station I work for. The main problem I had was that the song titles and artist didn't show up in the stream and all it said was "Unkown." This is important to have this so that my station can use the metadata for song licensing. I'm on a Mac using the latest VDJ 8 software and the stream is Icecast2 (OOG 128kbps) using Airtime radio software. I've tested it on my personal Shoutcast stream and the song info displays properly so I'm assuming it is with your coding for Icecast broadcasting. I am using Apple OS 10.9.3 Mavericks on a PowerMac with 16GB RAM and have a brand new EVGA Geforce GTX 680 Video card installed. Also, The station software cut off my stream early and crashed the VDJ8. This is something that was a real pain and never had before with other software which would just try to reconnect.

The other problem I have which I never had before is the video would suddenly freeze up for a few seconds and I can't even move my cursor then suddenly it would start to work again. This is highly annoying when I can't start the next song on the other turntable and I end up with dead air. I'm also DJing virtually in second life and I never had this problem before and I have a rather high powered system. with two displays.

Other problems I have had include iTunes integration is not like it was before. For some reason the playlist order is not coming up like I had set up in iTunes even after restarting both iTunes and VDJ8. I noticed this problem also coming back in version 7.4.1 even after trying to reload on the iTunes play list. I also can't take an audio file and drop it in directly into a side tray or turntable. I was able to do this before in Version 7. Sometimes my station manager sends me files or someone makes a request which I purchase in iTunes or Amazon and I somehow need to get it play and I can't.

Oh, one other thing, how do I remove active effect from the the track cue? also that goes for the Master Effect too. There are times I don't want any selection there so I don't hit it accidentally. Also I can't remove files from the sidelists without completely trashing them in my iTunes. I also can't remove any folders I created in the sidelist.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 2:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)