Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Keeping VDJ7 in sync with VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mikadadPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Since the pre-release I have increased my folders, music database both locally and cached on VDJ8, is there a way to keep VDJ7 in sync or updated, so in the event I have to use VDJ7 I have all the same cached files and folders?

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 11:40 am
rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
I am in the same EXACT boat as you my friend... Until there is a better solution, here is what I do:

Keep the focus on V7. Make sure that is the primary one that you maintain and do your info updates here. Then when you are ready to bring those changes to V8, delete the database file within the VirtualDJ folder which is created by V8. That will force a rebuild of the file based on your V7 database (if it exists.)

Now, if you make any changes to your V8 directly (colors, etc.), these would be lost since those are not maintained.

Not bad, not great... But it works!

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 12:32 pm
Just what I was going to say!

It's standard M.O. for new versions of software to read files from older ones, but not vice versa.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 12:41 pm
mikadadPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I have done lots of reorganization in VDJ8 that i do not want to have to redo in VDJ7...

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 12:43 pm
Shoulda done it the other way around! :-P

You were aware that VDJ 8 was pre-release, and even now it's fully released there's still a disclaimer about relying on it.

You might be able to get away with renaming the database file from the 8 name to the 7 name - but I don't know if it'll work so that's at your own risk.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 12:47 pm
rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
I would have loved for both to co-exist and have V7 just ignore the extra fields, however that's just a dream.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 1:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)