Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Weird stuff with karaoke tracks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Heres a weird :)
When I search for a track I can see the audio, karaoke, and video files. If I load a karaoke track to a player all is fine. If I load a karaoke track to the automix list it will automatically scan the track, reclassify it as an audio track and will no longer show karaoke graphics no matter what is done (you can actually watch the icon change from a microphone to a music note) . This is all happening and automix is not even engaged.
I use the automix list as a catch all area before playing. Is there anyway to stop what is happening other than not using the automix window? Is there any way to fix the tracks that it changed

Rusty

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 2:37 am
Partyman,

Can you check something please:

I have just rescanned a couple of Karaoke tracks (from a ZIP file), once scanned they do indeed change from Karaoke to Audio.
However, if i change folders and the return to the original one, all the tracks are recognised as Karaoke again.

Can you confirm this?

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 4:40 am
I will check tonight at the club.
After the problem last night I could not even drop files in from explorer without the same effect. Once a file had scanned as audio I found no way of making it a karaoke file again. This also affected VDJ7, after 8 had scanned they were considered audio files by all VDJs. I restarted VDJ and returned to karaoke folders but once a file is scanned and classified it seems permanent. It took a while for me to figure out that the automix window was causing the problems. Once I figured the problem I quit putting karaoke files into automix but now I have a dozen karaoke files that seem to be changed forever.

Rusty

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 12:16 pm
mojo193PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've been waiting for a karaoke update since virtualDJ version 6 because the engineers has never given karaoke much attention and it has always been a problem
I thought all my prayers would be answered with version 8
Well guess what?

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 7:14 am
Karaoke is working really well.... do not load karaoke into auto play list this is for audio only....
Karaoke tracks should be loaded into karaoke tab and everything will run just fine!

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 10:52 am
If that's the case, it really shouldn't allow the user to put the tracks in there.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 10:58 am
No disrespect grooveindj.....
But surely common sense must come into play.
However it can come in handy, if you just want the backing track without the video.... it strips it nicely....
You can run the track.... click off the karaoke folder....onto anther folder....back onto the karaoke folder and it's all good again.
Blocking karaoke from being loaded into auto playlist would be very complicated I would suspect.... therefore do not see it happening in the foreseeable future.
I could be wrong.
I think one of the biggest problem with this new software is most are just jumping in and treating it like 7 and it's not. Users really do need to read the manual first!

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 11:10 am
Well said that man ^^^

It is a new piece of software and things have changed. The sooner people start using the new ways and stop whining the better.

Now if something is missing or plain doesn't work, then raise that as an issue.

There are very few things i have found that i could do in 7 that i now can't do in 8.
Somethings are quicker and easier, other things might take a bit longer but you have more powerful options. You can't have evolution without change.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 11:58 am
djtouchdan wrote :
Will said that man ^^^

Yesterday you seemed to be just as surprised as partyman that this was happening!

:-P

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 12:04 pm
It seems to flag them as audio if the tracks have not been previously scanned by VD8. Also if you play around enough you can flag them back as karaoke (automix window). Seems more like a bug than a feature.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 1:38 pm
what i do is change the karaoke files to mp4 using power karaoke cd+g to mp4 converter and not a single problem playing karaoke

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 4:46 pm
Partyman wrote :
I will check tonight at the club.
After the problem last night I could not even drop files in from explorer without the same effect. Once a file had scanned as audio I found no way of making it a karaoke file again. This also affected VDJ7, after 8 had scanned they were considered audio files by all VDJs. I restarted VDJ and returned to karaoke folders but once a file is scanned and classified it seems permanent. It took a while for me to figure out that the automix window was causing the problems. Once I figured the problem I quit putting karaoke files into automix but now I have a dozen karaoke files that seem to be changed forever.

Rusty

Had the same problem in karaoke mode on. re unzipped the folder from internet explorer to the the same drive and after u check it delete the problem one.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 10:48 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
Well said that man ^^^

It is a new piece of software and things have changed. The sooner people start using the new ways and stop whining the better.

Now if something is missing or plain doesn't work, then raise that as an issue.

There are very few things i have found that i could do in 7 that i now can't do in 8.
Somethings are quicker and easier, other things might take a bit longer but you have more powerful options. You can't have evolution without change.

Sorry But The Manual Is Incomplete......

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 10:52 pm
Karaoke files change to audio files I have had a few problems with loading karaoke zip files. When loading certain ones they change from karaoke into a music file. if you goto the editor you can still see the karaoke play in the little window but when you load it into the player it then has no image playing. I have watched the little microphone change to music note when i loaded the track. if you try to go and click on the karaoke click box in tag editor, it is no longer there. maybe an idea that the karaoke tick box is set to stay there in the tag editor constant for audio and video files. then if this happens we can manually correct this. the only way around this I have found is to select the entire set of the karaoke files surrounding the one that went wrong and click tag editor and the karaoke tick box is in there. then select it and it will change the one back to karaoke format and will play fine.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 6:03 am
In advanced options there is a karaoke zip option that needs to be set to yes.
Take your time and have a good look through the options if you see one you don't understand put your mouse cursor over it adds it will give you an explanation.
I am pretty sure you challenge is just a setting one.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 11:30 pm
no i have already done all the settings. it's like when i load a karaoke zip file in it doesn't recognize it as a karaoke track any more but it was before i loaded it. i literally watched the icon change to music note as it loaded. then no option in the tag editor to change it back. i did explain this above.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 2:35 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I did a search and the kroke track came up as a music file. Browsed the kroke folder and saw mic icons. Searched again and still the track was music. Then with a wave of my hand (no clue, really), the track changed to a mic.

No auto this or waitlist that. Bug, not a feature.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 6:09 am
I just started to play with VDJ8 and Karaoke.

Someone said above (forgot who) not to add karaoke files to Autoplaylist and add it to Karaoke List, my problem is I can't even see/browse the ZIP Karaoke (mp3+CDG), so I can't add it.

I did say YES for the option to show Karaoke files.
The ones I see works great, but the ones that I can't see, I drag and drop from win-explorer.

Have a read below of what my problem is and what I have been experimenting (weird stuff going all right).

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/193010/VirtualDJ_8_bug-report_Forum/Karaoke_files_are_BLANK_(MP3_CDG__ZIP_FILE).html

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 12:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)