Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: vdj8 keeps crashing when i type the word "cyclone"

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

not sure why but every time i enter the work cyclone in vdj8 ..as soon as i get to type "CYC" ..it crashes . i have tried it over 15 times and still crashes .

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:24 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Remove the program, reboot, download a fresh and try a reinstall. I can't reproduce it here Reaps.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:26 pm
I would suggest not typing that ;)

In all seriousness, I cannot reproduce on Mac or PC.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:28 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I mean, it's not that great of a song..... ;-)

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:44 pm
is there a definite way to fully uninstall it on a mac both the software and the registry...and everything related to vdj8?

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 8:11 pm
Send Application to trash, remove Documents/VirtualDJ folder (make a backup or rename), empty trash... then reinstall.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 8:18 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Its probably one of the tags in one of your search results causing it.

Turn off the search fields one at a time until it stops crashing - this will tell you which field is causing it and will narrow your search down.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:06 pm
i tried that method @SBDJ and it seems like its my "TITLE" search column that is the culprit ...what do i do now?

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:45 pm
EDIT: i believe i found a solution for that problem . i went to options>> show advanced>> BROWSER>>read only>>yes...GET TITLE FROM TAGS>>>NO!!!!!!!>>> and GET TAGS FROM ZIP>>>NOOOO!!! ...that seemed to do the trick ...

RE EDIT::: never mind..it worked only once and now that i closed out of vdj and restarted my mac...same problem again!

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 10:05 pm
weird worked for me..

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 10:27 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
mini reaper wrote :
i tried that method @SBDJ and it seems like its my "TITLE" search column that is the culprit ...what do i do now?

Now you need to find all songs with the title that contain those letters. I did this for a customer recently by using mp3tag to search a particular tag field.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 2:25 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
hey reaper, would you share the track/s with me?
You can send me a PM with the DL

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 2:50 am
Yeah, I'm with Adam. I don't think I'm playing that song tonight.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 3:45 am
Ok haui.. I'll do it as soon as I get home.. Also is there a way to make the settings stay permanent.. I believe it's changing from read only yes to read only no

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 11:05 am
Awesome - I can reproduce it on my i7 MBP Cycl will crash - CL will crash in most folders as well checking on the other C2D macbook and it seems to work.
The reason why, I am finding is linked to VDJ8's importing of the previous Virtual DJ folder and database. renaming it seems to work as VDJ8 has to create a new folder and it's contents then start fresh adding music et el. The older on has no issues because it never had VDJ installed to begin with.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 4:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)