Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 keeps crashing when scrolling down to the end of playlist

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have tested VDJ8 for several hours now and although most of the bugs have been eliminated, my macbook pro keeps crashing when I scroll down to the end of the playlist I'm working with, recovering after a couple of seconds but then freezing completely a few seconds later. I use a Macbook pro early 2011, 2.2 ghz i7 with 8 gb ram, AMD Radeon HD 6750 graphics processor and Intel HD Graphics 3000. Testing with a Denon MC-6000

P.S. When can we expect an updated mapping for the Denon MC-6000?

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:13 pm
What is the problem with the current MC6000 mapping?

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:14 pm
SuperAceMan wrote :
What is the problem with the current MC6000 mapping?

The main volume and headphone knobs are not mapped, although they work with the controller. The fx knob to switch between the different effects is still not working, I have to do it manually with the computer.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:47 pm
Mac is crashing but we are concerned with the mapping? Two other reports of crashes with no response. Other Mac problems as well...

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 5:20 pm
The whole development and support team can't be looking at fixing one issue.

We are fully aware of the Mac issue and it is being investigated, But that doesn't mean we don't help anyone else in the process.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 5:35 pm
Issues Dan, not issue... haha

It's just that the crashes, audio glitches, auto mix bug were posted yesterday and early today..

I will be in front of 2500 people this weekend with this software and I see people reporting crashes on software that is released (which means it's good or you would not have released it). I am sure you can understand my concern.

Okay, i'll shut up now...

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 5:53 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
The whole development and support team can't be looking at fixing one issue.

We are fully aware of the Mac issue and it is being investigated, But that doesn't mean we don't help anyone else in the process.

I don't want to sound like a spoilt brat here or anything as such, but shouldn't constant crashes and performance issues on a specific system be a top priority, as opposed to something like a mapping or how many skins VDJ 8 has?

Seems to me that VDJ 8 was thoroughly tested on Windows machines (even then, crash reports are still current) more than Macs..

Personally being a Mac owner VDJ 8 is absolutely useless until the crashes are fixed, yet concern seems to be focused elsewhere.. I know 8 is still in BETA phase, but the whole point of a BETA phase is for testing, how can one test if 8 constantly crashes their machine? Defeats the purpose in my opinion.

I do praise the VDJ team for the effort on 8 so far, though I think the focus on what gets fixed first doesn't seem to be appropriate.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 5:56 pm
Nathan, it is NOT a beta anymore. It is a public release... Your concern is valid.

Again, I feel terrible mentioning it again but dang... Major crashes, audio glitches and auto mix stops and the public release is out... I am no one in this except an end user that will be using it live all weekend.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:18 pm
Did i say it wasn't a priority?? Not all of the support team have Macs. And those that do need to be able to re-produce it.
Like i said it is known and it will be address.

If you have important gigs this week and you are worried then use 7,

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:29 pm
Dan, I told you personally, via message, about the audio glitches 5 days ago and it's still there. The auto-mix bug is well known and is a few days old.

I posted a crash yesterday and two more mac crashes were posted today. NONE were answered or even acknowledged by any of the moderator or team members.

Again, you guys run the ship... we are just guys trying to help out the best we can. Crashes are a pretty big deal... when they aren't even acknowledged, well... whatever.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:45 pm
5 days ago? A whole 5?!

Oh my giddy aunt - call the cops! Call the army and the navy!

Come on magic, how long have you been waiting for 8 to arrive? And now you're wound up about a few days? Give the guys a chance!

Some issues are still there that were reported months ago....

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:51 pm
I don't run the ship! Or even the dinghy.
I am a user the same as you!!

You've seen this forum, you've seen how many threads there are (over 1,000) now.
The team can not possibly respond to every single thread otherwise no one would be able to fix the bugs. But that doesn't mean they haven't been read.

I fully understand that crashes are big deal - no one has said that it isn't a priority.
No one has said that it isn't being fixed.

You just need to be patient. I do, honestly, understand the frustrations but you can be certain that as soon as their is a fix, you will have it.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:51 pm
djmagicmoments wrote :
Mac is crashing but we are concerned with the mapping? Two other reports of crashes with no response. Other Mac problems as well...

I do not code the software so development will have to handle the crash issue. However, I do own a Mac and a 6000 and can look into another user's issue in the meantime.

As mentioned, your requests are not being ignored but you do have to cut the development team some slack. They are literally addressing hundreds of reported issues in a very short amount of time. Version 8 will be under constant development for a long while as it is still very young at this point. If you have a major gig and can't chance an issue, stick with 7 for now ;)

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:06 pm
djmagicmoments wrote :
Nathan, it is NOT a beta anymore. It is a public release... Your concern is valid.

Again, I feel terrible mentioning it again but dang... Major crashes, audio glitches and auto mix stops and the public release is out... I am no one in this except an end user that will be using it live all weekend.

I just noticed, wow. This is concerning that they've released 8 to the public when there is still known crashes and performance issues.. Disappointing really.

Feel sorry for anyone who doesn't know about this and then goes and uses it in a live environment.. Shame that it could ruin someone's reputation just so 8 can be released publicly..

Seems unfair to me, just my 0.02...

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:26 pm
It's funny... you guys think we are complaining. You think we are unappreciative. I am surprised at that.

And yes Groovin... I reported a major audio glitch 8 days ago, not 5. Are you saying that it should not have been fixed before the release? Are you also saying that crashes should not be investigated and/or fixed before the major release?

I understand that not all developers have Macs but guess how many questions were asked to me and the other person who have had crashes... NONE.

You gave us this software to test it and report. That's what I am doing. If you want me to no longer report, than just say so. I am doing EXACTLY what you asked me to do.

Please stop saying that I am not appreciative of your hard work and that I am complaining. I am reporting bugs, serious bugs. You asks me to do it.

Thank you again for a great product but realize what you asked me and everyone else to do before you say we are unappreciative.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:38 pm
Thanks SuperAceMan, it is quite frustrating not to trust in VDJ8 for now to use it in an event. I hope these issues will be fixed soon.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:42 pm
jorgeuriarte wrote :
The main volume and headphone knobs are not mapped, although they work with the controller.

The headphone and master volume dials are analogue on the MC6000 and do not input back into the software via MIDI message. Therefore they do not interact with the volume knobs in the software.

jorgeuriarte wrote :
The fx knob to switch between the different effects is still not working, I have to do it manually with the computer.

EFX1 is working to select an effect on the deck. Are you using the default mapper or a custom one?

djmagicmoments wrote :
It's funny... you guys think we are complaining. You think we are unappreciative. I am surprised at that.

I certainly am not suggesting that you are complaining or unappreciative. I simply offered you an explanation. If that offended you, I sincerely apologize.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 8:04 pm
jorgeuriarte wrote :
The fx knob to switch between the different effects is still not working, I have to do it manually with the computer.

EFX1 is working to select an effect on the deck. Are you using the default mapper or a custom one?

I am using the default mapper. I can activate the effect with the EFX1 button but I cannot select them with the knob.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 11:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)