Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: INPUTS

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HKNYCPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I thought everything with the inputs, and loading onto them was fixed? Ok, maybe it's my fault! Can someone tell me if it's correct what I am doing?
I will be playing...let's say a synth in an input on either decks 3 or 4, then when I finish. I may load a song onto either one of those decks, without shutting off the (AUXILIARY BUTTON). And, V8 will crash!
Am, I able to do this, or is this a problem? Do, I have to first shut off the auxiliary button? Because, if I do... I think it shouldn't be that way. You should just be able to load any hardware device, on any decks playing a song. And vice versa without having to push a button. It should just accept you loading anything onto any deck at any point without crashing.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 11:32 am
Mac or PC?

I have just testing on PC and it didn't crash. The AUX automatically went off as expected.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 11:38 am
djtouchdan wrote :
I have just testing on PC and it didn't crash.

Me too. Bit of a struggle trying to figure out how to use line in on a deck (detailed in 7 manual but not in 8) but got there in the end.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 11:47 am
It's done it many times over. It was good at one point, then with other updates it seemed to happen again?

Lenovo n500 3000
Windows 7 64bit
500gb disk 4gb ram
Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3400 @2.16ghz
Mobil Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Maya 44usb sound card

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 11:47 am
Might be an ASIO driver thing then. I only checked with my onboard sound.

I have a MAYA 44 I could try....

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 11:50 am
@ Groovin', No doubt! Check it out let me know how it goes, maybe it's a driver thing...

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 12:13 pm
No, it's not that.

Well, my system is a 32 bit OS so therefore 32 bit drivers.

With yours being a 64 bit OS (so 64 bit drivers) maybe with VDJ being 32 bit there's an issue there?

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 12:36 pm
Yeah who knows, but V8 is acting weird again like when I first started using it. All of a sudden it's not wanting to start up again and when it does it's frozen. Feels like 5 steps forward and 3 steps back, don't know...

Definitely, still lots to figure out with V8.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 12:55 pm
Forgot to mention, when I shut off the auxiliary buttons on both decks, it reads ERROR on both decks. Don't know if that means anything but it's there, I have defragmented and sweped out my system. And ran (ccleaner registry cleaner) to find any erroneous stuff and found nothing...

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 1:08 pm
What skin are you using BTW? Did you add the script for the line input yourself? What is the script you used/being used?

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 1:12 pm
@ Groovin' Using the default skin, yes did it myself. No it was not being used

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 2:28 pm
HKNYC wrote :
No it was not being used

I meant "what did you type?" - but I guess it must be correct as you were using the line in.

What we need here is another 64 bit user with a MAYA 44.....

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 2:32 pm
Actually, I been testing doing different things to make it better. It somehow stopped acting weird and crashing. Also it seems to be working decent now no apparent problem for the moment.
The only thing I see now is that it's still showing error on decks 3 and 4. Man, this is so buggy seriously..

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)