Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: No way to change skin size? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

When a skin is minimized, there is no way to change the skin size.... see screenshot.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 8:32 am
It only works from the bottom right hand corner.

You have to be pretty precise to catch it, but it does work.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 8:34 am
That could be disastrous in a pinch... hope they fix that.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 8:36 am
Yes - would be better if it worked from any edge or corner.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 8:42 am
Its possible to increase the size of the "grabzone" to resize in skin code.

Still only pulls from the bottom right but this is by design so that the skin engine is able to resize correctly without affecting the aspect ratio of the elements inside.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 8:51 am
I need to either maximize or minimize the screen, not resize.

When the screen is like that, I can no longer access resizing or change any configurations. Again, could be disastrous.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:23 am
You know you can also change how many clicks it takes to maximize the screen. On my phone but I know it's in the options.

What buttons are you trying to change?? I'm not following you, I don't understand what your issue is.

Ok from your screen shot I see you can't touch the close and other buttons up there. I've had this happen when switching the resolution on my screen with VDJ open, is that what you did??

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:30 am
Did you read my first post and look at the picture? Not sure I can explain it any better than that.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:33 am
djtouchdan wrote :
pulls from the bottom right but this is by design

It's not standard Windows behaviour though. If I open Notepad for example, I can resize it from any edge or any corner.

Same with Traktor, Ableton Live, Cubase, Mixed In Key........

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:34 am
Yup I did, what were you doing when this happened??

I can recreate this all day long by changing the resolution of my screen, is that what you were doing??

@groovin, this isn't standard software, ITS VDJ!! Get over these standards your stuck on already.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:35 am
The skin was minimized... that's it.

When it's like this, there is no way to access the critical resize buttons or the configuration button.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:37 am
What skin is that?

@groovin, even if he could resize from any edge it still wouldn't matter cause he can't get the top edge which is what he needs. The only fix would be to add a "grab zone" around the entire edge of the skin....... Come man I'm not an idiot.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:39 am
DJ Dad's MultiFX.

Should be a very easy fix in the skin.

Your correct, just need to add a grabzone.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:41 am
Yeah the skin creator would have to have add grab zone some where other then just the very top. Along the side or bottom would fix it.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:42 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Come man I'm not an idiot.

You can pull it back into positon from anywhere, not just the top.

Go to any edge and you'll get a "crosshair with arrowheads" that allows you to pull the window around the screen - including down, so you can see the min/max/close buttons.

At least that how it works here on Windows.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:45 am
Right, ONLY if he can reach the corner. Look at the picture again. The top corners are hidden by the Mac header so he'll never be able to do what you said.

Now if there was a grab zone around the edge of this skin like there is with the default skin he'd be ok cause he could drag the skin down then catch a corner.........

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:49 am
Doesn't do that on the Mac.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:49 am
OK I've just installed this skin and tried it.

There's only a "grab zone" at the top, not alll the way round. It's a skin specific thing then, which is not too clever. Should be the same regardless of skin.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:52 am
Believe I just said THAT......... He could add them himself in about 5 minutes if that......

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:54 am
No I couldn't ... haha.

I will be glad to try...

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:55 am
87%