Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Automix editor bug

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

prasanfPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hey guys,

Firstly, thank you for improving the automix section. It is great and easy to use.

I usually have a few playlists for warm up/empty club at the beginning of the night. We open at about 9pm but mainly guests start coming in about 12 midnight. So I set up these lists in automix mode. It uses music videos of varying quality and in total it can range from 5 to 10 hours of playing time per playlist. Yes its a lot of work to set up, but with the new timeline type automix editor I can set this up relatively quickly wit the transitions sounding perfect.

I have come across a problem though. After editing the automix part of about 4 to 5 songs, the editor stops responding. The blue highlighted portion and the green play line stop moving. I then have to restart VDJ to get it appearing again. Its a minor inconvenience, but would be nice if it did not happen.

I know this may have something to do with graphics, and the fact that the list is soooooo long, like 5 to 10 hours, but hopefully there is some way to stop the thing getting stuck. I have an ASUS G75 so it is pretty much one of the highest spec laptops out there.

Hope this can get sorted.

Bets Regards to the dev team for a pretty fantastic looking product!

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:56 am
I have a similar problem. Even when only a few songs in the list the green bar stops, timer is not counting and the play button sometimes disappears. My computer is very fast, so I think this is really a bug and no caused by computer performance. Very repeatable. I always have the problem the second time I start the ditor and only reboot of VDJ helps. But then I have it again the second time I start the editor. For me it is not a minor problem because the automix editor is one of the reasons why I bought VDJ8. I reported it also but so far no reaction from the VDJ team. This is the link to my reporting:

http://fr.virtualdj.com/forums/191900/VirtualDJ_8_bug-report_Forum/Automix_editor_not_working_properly_from_second_time_onwards_.html

Posted Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 6:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)