Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Anyone else feel like you NEED to use a mouse now?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

With the way everything is laid out with the samplers and new features, I feel like it's a little difficult now to just use hardware or the laptop touchpad. It's almost as if you need to have a mouse to maneuver around the layout to do things that were much simpler before. I have always use the default skin in previous versions. Might actually have to try and find a skin that's easier to navigate different features so I'm not forced to use a mouse.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:45 am
Yes I agree with 100% but I think for the most part it's just the initial setup that's the problem.

After you've gotten everything setup to your liking I think you'll start using your controller more and more and the mouse less and less.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:55 am
gbeulPRO InfinityMember since 2007
not if you whant to use also the editors (not supportet for scripting and controlers)
useing the touchpad to set POI with out the mouse weehl to scrool in and out the wavform is a very hard thing

first of all i am an controller DJ and mainly i use the PC as Libray and Controller Display

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 8:15 am
It's even more difficult when you are using turntables with TCV, but like you said...once I have things set up the way I want it, then hopefully it'll be a little easier. I saw there is a 7.4 Multi FX skin, updated for V8. Maybe I'll start using that since it has a somewhat closer feeling to what I'm used to.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 8:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)