Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Coloured DJ files and organizing files into format order

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Everyone , Loving the new VDJ 8 even though at the moment my Denon MC 3000 does not work as well as it does on version 7.4 (cant map effects buttons to work properly)

I was wondering if there was a way to colour the files like on version 7.4 to show whether a file is music , karaoke or video.

when you are as short sighted as me and you are playing in a dark venue it helps to have colour coded files (would be great if you could highlight a whole file in a colour so you know instantly what format it is in.

also is there a way of clicking on the search tab to organize files in format order , at the moment if you click on the tab it is still mixed up between music , karaoke , video etc

Cheers guys

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 5:25 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
lot of ways to choose...
you can create filter folders like:
type=audio
type=video
type=karaoke
if filter folders are done, select all files in each folder open tag editer and choose a color
so you can have e.g. for each type of file it´s own color and hit ok.
or just add a new columm to the browser called type
or just select with the buttons on the very left side of the folderbrowser what kind of files you want to hide or display

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 5:57 am
Is it possible to add color to the icons.... instead of them being grey,
Blue notes music
Red Mic karaoke
Yellow video video
Or is that a skin thing for the future?

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:05 am
color these icons would make sense like having that for filter folder, virtual folder and favourite folder too...
but we just can ask for it, decision if or if not, is made on another level...;-)

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:11 am
It would be much better if we could assign colours to files based on certain criteria, so files could be coloured without needing to do it manually.

Any new files added (which met the criteria) would be automatically coloured.

So I want all my reggae files to be green:
Rather than have to create a filter folder, select all the files in it, open the tag editor, assign a colour, hit OK (then have to do that all over again when new files are added) - simply create a "browser rule" that assigns green to any track with the genre reggae.

That way, it only needs to be done once and any files added in future will be displayed green if they're reggae.

It could apply to anything. Genre, year, tempo, key, artist........whatever.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:11 am
+1 Excellent Idea ........... Would make tagging so easier and less time consuming !

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:45 am
groovin,
shure that this does not work already ?.....honestly never tried...
so what happends when you "tagged" a genre to green and add new files to db with the same genre..

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 8:18 am
Icons can be changed in custom skins.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:01 am
yes please...:-)

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:03 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)