Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Cover Art

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is there a way to let vdj 8 batch write to cover art into id3 tags?

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 12:11 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
did you checked that, if it is not already saved in the tag ..should be as default as far as i know...

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 12:55 am
Vdj is set to automatically download tags but I don not see the option to write cover to tags in batch... This option may not exist - I just wanted to know if can be done.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 1:56 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Mark a couple of Tracks in the vdj browser
open with Tag Editor
you will see multibel value written in artist/ title/ album ect.
edit the cover as usual
if you have chosen a cover and write to tag, all marked tracks will get the same cover
so i guess that is what you are looking for...?

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 2:09 am
Didn't know it can do that, thanks.... but that wasn't exactly what I was looking for.

I wanted vdj8 to insert the covers into the id3 tags where it found no covers - automatically... This may fall under a feature request for version 8.1- I guess..

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 4:03 am
prezPRO InfinityMember since 2005
xgl_dj wrote :
Vdj is set to automatically download tags but I don not see the option to write cover to tags in batch... This option may not exist - I just wanted to know if can be done.

in the settings>Options & Tweaks, make sure you have coverDownload set the way you want (always, exact, no)

On the folder you want to add covers Right click on it and Select Batch>Download Covers

EDIT:
A problem i have run into is that I have thousands of tracks that do not have covers in the tag, the batch only seems to work for the first few hundred tracks, then it stops bringing results. (Downloading: 0%/0%...)

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 3:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)