Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: PITCH PROBLEM VJ-8 - MAYA44

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ti3155Home userMember since 2012
Hi ,
Im having issus with my turntables using MAYA44 USB soundcard.
I setup the timecodes and signal is great , on 100% also pick serato vinyl records.
for some reason the pick change all the time - on every sec. of the song.

Any idea ?

It works fine now with VDJ-7 but when Im trying to use VJ-8 it does it all the time.

Thank you

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 10:32 pm
i have exactly same problem too. i have serato vinyls and maya44. maybe problem is here : virtual dj 7 have more options in timecode setup : Debug options. Debug options have button to check (or uncheck) Delayed options. if you check Delayed , pitch will freeze and no problem . if you unchek, pitch will moved alone up-down. Virtual dj 8 not have these options. i think that virtual dj 8 must have Debug options to resolve problems. in first time i was think that maybe is problem in maya44. and i not have other sound card to try. if somebody have other sound card ( traktor audio 4, 6,..) and serato vinyls, try if other sound card have same problem. i have traktor vinyl, i was try traktor vinyl and maya44 , same problem.
ps : sorry for my english.

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 8:13 am
if somebody have some solutions, write me on email xxxxxxxxxxxxx

[Mod] http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Forum%20Rules.html
•Unlicensed users (No license user) who have not purchased and registered the software may not post E-mail addresses, personal website addresses, MSN or any other contact information.

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 8:15 am
it's the maya44.. it has no phono preamp & vdj7 had this in the software, v8 doesn't

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 12:36 pm
finaly i found soundcard who have phono preamp how you say. traktor audio 6 . this soundcard have phono preamp . and still nothing . pitch walk up-down by self.

Posted Thu 06 Nov 14 @ 6:46 pm
i have maya44 and i think that it's not problem in maya because i have traktor scratch pro 2.7.0, traktor audio 6 soundcard, control vinyl mk2, turntables ttx, ortofon concord. in this all super equipments i have the same problem in vdj8 and in traktor software, pitch move up and down by self ( in vdj8 more, in traktor less but still problem ). I can't to synchronize two songs in vdj8 because pitch moving self. and i wanna to say , i think solution is here : virtual dj 7 have one SUPER option in timecode setting . name is : PITCH SENSIBILITY . this option stabilize pitch for moving up-down by self. this option is on 3.00% now. if you move on 0.50%, pitch will move up-down like in vdj8. it's the best on 3.00% . AND NO PROBLEM. Timecodes on vinyl work great! . Pitch not move by self and i can synchronize two song from begining till end! traktor and vdj 8 dont have this option, that why probem happens. please put this options in virtual dj 8 :)

Posted Thu 06 Nov 14 @ 7:11 pm
Get yourself another soundcard, Maya44 is no good. I use Traktor A6 card and pitch is stable

Posted Fri 07 Nov 14 @ 5:10 am
i also have traktor audio 6 ( using with serato vinyl ) but i still have problem with pitch ( not stable ) in vdj8. i can't find solution. please help. enybody.

Posted Fri 07 Nov 14 @ 9:52 am
@boki-touchradio

Which build of version 8 are you using ? The free version does not support Timecode usage - only 10 minutes of testing.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Sat 08 Nov 14 @ 8:34 am
vdj 8 8.0.1949 with everything infinity unlocked.

Posted Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 7:49 am
This build is an old one - there are many fixes for timecode in the latest versions which should fix your issues. Just download the latest version.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 8:24 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
3rd post in could do with some moderation.

Posted Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 1:41 am
Dasouth2004:

There's nothing wrong with the Maya44 - it works fine.

To all of you guys having pitch fluctuation issues, if you get some time go to the previous Build 1973 and try this: go to options - timecodes - and change the timecodepitchsensitivity to 0.

After you see your pitch fluctuations go away, let the developers know we need this feature put back into the next build.

Please respond with your results...

Posted Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 5:05 pm
run your timecode signal from your deck ttrue the phonopreamp of your mixer, then send your output to the maya & check the diffrence

Posted Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 5:18 pm
fdopedHome userMember since 2005
Hi guys,

It is possible to use Maya 44 with Virtual DJ 8. There is no problem with do not have pre phono amp.
Just open the control panel of the Maya driver and pump up the volume controls to the maximum level.
It will be solve the pre phono amp and the timecodes will work perfectly.

Best regards,

Flavio

Posted Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 1:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)