Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: lost cue points

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

splaoPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I am using the most updated version. A lot of my cue points are completely gone from my files in VDJ8. When I switch to VDJ 7 the cue points are all there. Is there way to correct this problem. I do not want to redo the cue points in vdj 8, that will take forever. I need help. I am using Windows 7.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 1:08 pm
strange.
Maybe the database import got interrupted somehow.

Try delete the folder on root of each drive called VirtualDJ, and the file called database.xml in My Documents/VirtualDJ ( do NOT delete the VirtualDJ Database v6.xml anywhere)

That will make V8 rebuild and import the v7 database again on next start up, let VirtualDJ 8 run for a bit dont close down too fast.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 1:18 pm
Norway, I deleted the database xml and that did not solve the problem. I did some more testing and I now know that it only affected my external drive. All the songs and videos on my c drive have the cue points. All the videos and songs on my external drive have no cue points in vdj 8 but they are there in vdj 7. I have no idea how to solve this problem. That is over 12,000 videos.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 1:59 pm
splao wrote :

I now know that it only affected my external drive. .

I guess you did not delete the root folder called VirtualDJ on the external drive?
Try again, doing this, and delete the again database.xml on the local drive too, located at My Documents/VirtualDJ/ ..

After deleted, start VirtualDJ 8, with the external drive connected, and let VirtualDJ 8 build up a new database for its use

NB! just a reminder - DO NOT delete any files called VirtualDJ Database v6.xml or VirtualDJ Local Database v6.xml anywhere (this is the old virtualdj database files)

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 2:25 pm
Thank you very much. I never even realized that my external drive had a VDJ folder..lol. I have been using it everyday for 6 years. Thank you for the help.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 3:45 pm
PdubPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Anyone know of a fix for this Mac 10.10?

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 3:30 pm
Same issue here, but not sure if my external drive has a virtualdj folder. I'll check it and try this steps.

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 3:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)