Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Full screen of VDJ on second monitor(Mac & not video)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi
I will start once more because my issue(1) has not be resolved yet even with the latest of DDJ8.

Issue NO1:-------------------------------------
I can not full screen on second monitor in mac pro. The skins goes half down or half up of second screen.
Also if i remove thunderbolt cable, VDJ opens to nowhere (if u understand) . You have to check if the second screen is connected and then put it there. In order to drag it to first screen i have to replug 2nd monitor.

BASIC INFO: i do not want to play video on second monitor
Here is an old ticket of mine not answered: http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/tickets.html?ticketid=219318

Issue NO2:-------------------------------------
Pressing cue with left mouse button and at the same time pressing the right mouse button the song starts from the begging when
supposing to continue playing.

I am using mac book mavericks 10.9.2, 2.7 GHz, 8 GB
with VDJ 8.0.0 1785.650
and the thunderbolt output to deliver the second screen onto a LG monitor(HD).

Thank you.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 12:44 pm
squincyPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I Just wish they could have kept the old system with the drop down menu which was so so so much easier than this debacle !! Bring it back :(

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 3:38 pm
Any news on this bug?

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 12:57 pm
Any news on this bug?

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 5:08 am
Any news?

Posted Mon 04 Aug 14 @ 1:01 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you do use video, does it open correctly on the second screen covering the screen?

Posted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 5:30 am
What do u not understand with the phrase " i do not want to play video"....please read carefully...

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 11:38 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I read that, but in order to verify that monitor detection is working correctly or not, it would help to know if the video window also appears in the wrong position/size or not.

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 5:34 pm
The monitor detection problem is when only when VDJ starts when before has closed in the second monitor (thunderbolt) and the second monitor no longer exist (has removed).
(Mac + pc)

But this is the second misbehavior. it is not prior to me. My workaround is to drag VDJ on main screen and close it there. Understood.

What about main problem. And this is full screen behavior on second screen (Mac)

How many times has to write it down, to be clear to VDJ 's team....
If my writing make no sense to u please tell me so...otherwise buy a thunderbolt cable, connect it to a mac and a high res screen and test it yourself.

Posted Tue 12 Aug 14 @ 4:54 am
i need to be able to have virtual dj on my second screen for my work please help

Please start your own thread. Your statement above, does not tell us anything. Please be specific about your issue, and the specs of your machine. Edited by AMAHM

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 8:23 am
@AMAHM
why to start a new thread? I was clear enough and did not get any answers (not to mention solutions) for over a year now.
For me he is clear enough to his message. He needs to be able to have virtual dj on his second screen for his work and ask for your help.

Working for 20+ years with c++ as i developer and handling with all kind of forums, only here i faced this situation. Not talking about answers or solutions. Talking about creating new threads for the same issues.. strange forum.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 3:14 pm
billarhos, I was reading your thread and it is very difficult to understand what you are asking. Are you saying that you are opening virutual dj on your mac and then you want to view vdj on a larger monitor by dragging vdj on to the larger monitor? If thats what you are trying to do. Are you duplicating the screen or are you sending to second monitor? I opened virtual on my laptop (PC) and dragged virtual over to my monitor and it opens full screen and it adjust to any size i choose. If this is your problem i will have to try it on my macbook, to see if i get it to work. I have not yet put vdj8 on my mac yet, i was waiting for some of the bugs to be worked out first.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 12:40 pm
hi @djernie2

Thank you for your concern. Are u a member or are u belong to vdj team?

If the second one, on top of this screen i write down clearly that i am trying exactly
what u have described in mac book. In windows is working properly.
I have made all necessary adjustments on mac book.
I have already spoke with vdj team long ago in old post of mine for the same issue.
I created this thread because issue remains on vdj 8.
Now if u understand correctly and be sure, that reading your post, u have understand perfect what i 'm trying to do, is it difficult for u to understand also that the problem is on mac system?

Please, if u belong to vdj team buy a thunderbolt cable, install vdj 7 or 8 on mac book pro, perform a test with an hd monitor and then answer to this thread.

If you just a member a great thanks.

Posted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 8:30 am
One year after the issue remains. Not the same exactly but pretty much the same. Now i can get full screen in second monitor. However if i press resize button (+) the VDJ is moving upwards. In fact its moving -VDJ.Windwow.size.x/2 from the top (0px) of the monitor. From there i have to do a lot of tricks to send it back to my first monitor(mac pro).

And also u never check on loading if the second monitor still present, to avoid by that sending VDJ (xpos, ypos) to the place that no man has ever gone before.

Please do not answer me.

This is an educational feed in your report forum.
Cheers

Posted Sun 05 Apr 15 @ 1:52 am
Billarhos wrote :
One year after the issue remains. Not the same exactly but pretty much the same. Now i can get full screen in second monitor. However if i press resize button (+) the VDJ is moving upwards. In fact its moving minus VDJ.Window.size.y/2 from the top position of my 2nd monitor. From there, i have to do a lot of tricks to send it back to my first monitor (mac pro).

And also u never check on loading if the second monitor still present, to avoid by that sending VDJ (xpos, ypos) to the place that no man has ever gone before.

Please do not answer me!

If u do not have any thunderbold cables please ask around...

This is an educational feed for your report forum.
Cheers

Posted Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 10:51 am
@Billarhos: why is it so important that TeamMember helps you ONLY and not an experienced member also??

VirtualDJ is designed to open on your default monitor when you start it, so even if you drag it to a second monitor (or Thunderbolt as you call it) it will still open back on your 1st (Mac) monitor. it is the way it has always happened.
You COULD however set your mac to use the 2nd monitor (thunderbolt) as your default monitor before you open VirtualDJ then you can work with your bigger screen..

Also, if you unplug any monitors while VirtualDJ is running the skin engine realises the monitor is missing or something has changed and starts doing some detection work (sometimes it never breaks out of this loop) so best NOT to suddenly remove cables while working with VirtualDJ

Posted Thu 09 Apr 15 @ 9:23 pm
@marksmolinski

Obviously you don't read the whole current thread.\
Obviously you don't read this thread : http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/tickets.html?ticketid=219318

Now few words.
If you got in trouble to read a little more, you would never start writing all those.
First this is accepted as a bug from the VDJ:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 6:01 pm
Teamer: acw_dj
I forward this to Dev and we may see this fix on the next VirtualDJ update.
Kind Regards,
Acw
VirtualDJ Support Team
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also i never said that i unplug the monitor while VDJ was playing(loaded).
Probably you don't have any thunderbold cable.
Probably you don't perform any tests.
Probably you don't own Traktor to see the differences.

And also you never read the line that i do not want any answer to my last feed.

Probably you have lot of time to write all those lines but any way thank u for spending all those calories try writing to me.
Cheers

Posted Fri 10 Apr 15 @ 1:03 am
???!?

Posted Fri 10 Apr 15 @ 2:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)