Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Automix Shuffle doesn't re-arrange the playlist

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When playing shuffle mode in automix, it actually play the list in suffle mode, but doesn't re-arrange the play list, so it is not working as version 7.4. It's really hard to keep tracking which song is plaing (200+ songs in play list) and which one is next. Also in the middle of the automix session (suffle mode), it is impassible to add/change the order of the ongoing songs to be played (because it's not possible to know which song will be played next and after next).

Whould you please fix this problem in order to work as version 7.4?
I really depend of the automix (shuffle mode).

Thanks in advance for your attention. Regards

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 10:00 am
I agree with the auto mix being able to shuffle up the title listing hard to do in ver 8 but I do like the random play except for its not shuffling enough u might hear a song u just heard like 10 min ago repeat when u activate repeat it should only repeat list after all songs have been played.... in versio 7 I did not random only shuffle list also I notice it alphabetizes the songs that's good for file keeping but not auto mix

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 10:07 am
This has been reported and is still in the to-do list.

Thanks.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 11:55 am
I also would like to see the name of the NEXT song it picked in random mode...

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 12:02 pm
gmediaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ditto!

Does anyone else think it would be useful if the song playing would stay at the top of the playlist while of the rest shuffle? Otherwise, you will have to search through the list after you've shuffled it a few times to find the song you're playing and determine which song will play next.

My vote is that the song that is live is static at the top of the playlist window, while all of the others shuffle.

Thanks!!

Chris

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 8:59 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
In theory, you could create an additional textfield on your skin with the action: get_automix_song 'title'

That should display the next songs title of the automix.

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 9:54 am
gmedia wrote :
Ditto!

Does anyone else think it would be useful if the song playing would stay at the top of the playlist while of the rest shuffle? Otherwise, you will have to search through the list after you've shuffled it a few times to find the song you're playing and determine which song will play next.

My vote is that the song that is live is static at the top of the playlist window, while all of the others shuffle.

Thanks!!

Chris

I agree, shuffle the songs in the list by rearranging the order in the list, but keep the playing song at the top.

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 2:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)