Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: DDJ-SX VIRTUAL DJ 8 SKIN

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Please don't forget to make a skin for the DDJ-SX , I'm waiting!

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 8:47 am
Hi Oswald

I have a DDJ-SX & I'm thinking of switching from Serato to VDJ. I used to use VDJ before I bought my SX but because it came with Serato I thought I would give it a go. Reason for my message I was just wondering how it performs with VDJ & which mapper you have used, Also do you use it for playing videos?

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 3:12 pm

just to chip in also .. I use SX with VDJ .. its plug and play with both VDJ 7 and VDJ 8 .. no mapper needed.
Works pretty damn good I think, although i do remap some parts to my own liking here and there

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 3:20 pm
I too use a SX with VDJ8 and all seams good, only thing i have a slight niggle with is when scratching on the pullback and release there is a very brief pause which there isn't in serato... Tried what everyone says to cure but still there.... Not sure why it does it.....

John

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 5:13 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Do you have forward scratch enabled?
And have you played with the rampup times?

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:08 am
Hi PatchN

Forward scratch is off and have played with rampup times, makes no difference to the very slight delay time when letting go....

John.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 8:26 am
The DDJ-SX works great with Virtual DJ 7.4, have Virtual 8 installed everything works , but still testing, have a delay when loading music videos , but 8 is still in the pre-release mode, i don't use it in a gig, I use 7.4. The 7.4 DDJ-SX skin works great in 8 , but I am waiting for the new 8 skins.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 8:59 am
Rnow3PRO InfinityMember since 2011
johntankard wrote :
Hi PatchN

Forward scratch is off and have played with rampup times, makes no difference to the very slight delay time when letting go....

John.

I had the same problem as you. I reset the options back to factory then set the Foward and Back Scratch to No and it works fine now.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)