Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Bugs in Pioneer DDJ-SX mapping

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

had to abandon V8 for a live gig the other day due to mapping bugs on the Pioneer DDJ-DX

(1) Volume faders on Decks have a soft take over and have to be put the full then none for software to take over. In V7.4 this did not happen and they were dummy faders allowing just hardware control which worked much better.

(2) The effects knobs at the top will not select effects and the mapping of the knobs on the left hand side are not the same as the right hand side.

(3) Sampler volume is not mapped and is very inconsistent in volume. If deck faders are set below maximum the sampler overpowers the decks and comes out full volume.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 4:20 am
1) They were always like that. They were never "dummy faders" allowing hardware control because DDJ-SX does NOT offer hardware control on USB sound source! If you connect your controller after VirtualDj opens then VirtualDj will read the position of the faders, but it will display them as "ghost" faders on skin, and you have to move them to take over.
However if you start VirtualDj with SX connected VirtualDj will read the position of the knobs and will adjust your volumes accordingly

2) Most likely you turned on "MultiFX" mode on one of the two sides. SHIFT+ FX4 button ON will toggle single/multi FX mode

3) Sampler volume IS mapped. However it controls the ACTIVE deck's sampler volume. So if you start a sample from the non-active deck, it won't control it...

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 4:40 am
gbeulPRO InfinityMember since 2007
As i see the samplers will be automtical mapped with the masterdeck (you can change it by mouse click to a spzific deck)

what must i change (script or controller mapping that i can set instruments and sampler loops directly to the active deck)

thanks

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 5:20 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
1) They were always like that. They were never "dummy faders" allowing hardware control because DDJ-SX does NOT offer hardware control on USB sound source! If you connect your controller after VirtualDj opens then VirtualDj will read the position of the faders, but it will display them as "ghost" faders on skin, and you have to move them to take over.
However if you start VirtualDj with SX connected VirtualDj will read the position of the knobs and will adjust your volumes accordingly

Never happened and still doesn't with 7.4 I always start VDJ with the DDJ-SX connected. Version 8 doesn't adjust the volumes accordingly on my system

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 6:47 am
Which build ? (The Complete Number please)

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 7:15 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Which build ? (The Complete Number please)

Will check tomorrow and let you know.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 4:48 pm
Make sure you disable soft takeover or your ddj-sx mixer is worthless.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 5:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)