Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Video Recording test with VDJ 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

prasanfPRO InfinityMember since 2011

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 3:01 am
Watched your video, nice. Love that spectral video effect! If you don't mind, How can I get it? How and where do I load it in VDJ8? MAIN QUESTION: How are you able to record video and audio? Are you using a PC? Cause haven't found a way to record video and audio on a MAC.

Thanks in advance...Keep doing what you do best!

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 9:21 am
nice vid.. ;)

Should be video record on mac too ... look at the drop down at record options .

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 9:25 am
prasanf wrote :
Here is a 10 minute video recording I did with VDJ 8. Pretty good quality! I wish the spectrum effect had a transparency option though. I think it covers too much of the video in black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu0lVOJKz5Y&feature=youtu.be

Nice video!!! I love the Spectral effect too!!

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 11:06 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Its there on Mac hit the file button on the master tab.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 11:41 am
I have that drop down on my MAC. If you select the MP3...we get audio and no video. If you select MP4...we get video with no audio. How do you select both? That is the issue.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 1:00 pm
UPDATE: I selected the webm (default video format). It created a file with an ext.webm. I was not able to open track. Went on apple apps and downloaded a FREE app "Smart Converter". That app worked great converted the .webm file to quicktime and was able to open recorded track video & audio. I am in business...time to make a mixed video.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 2:16 pm
jact007PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thank's a lot!! Hope that issue will be solved soon...

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 6:34 pm
prasanfPRO InfinityMember since 2011
@michaeldjp the spectral effect just appeared in version 8. I don't think I downloaded it separately. It should be there under your video effects section. Glad to see positive comments from some of the VDJ team. Thanks for giving us VDJ 8. Just hope that all the bugs get ironed out soon, including some of the ones I have pointed out in other threads.

Keep spinning!

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 9:07 am
@prasanf...Thanks, I found it. I was looking for it as an "transition"...haha...it was sitting in the "effects" drop down VDJ8...NICE!

Thanks again.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 9:58 pm
nice vid and I do have a question for ya - I recorded a video mix and uploaded it but have noticed big difference in quality - yours will give option to stream 720p buy mine only 480p. which settings did you use for recording?

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 12:50 am
trinihPRO InfinityMember since 2010

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 10:06 am
Been using dvdvideosoft for many years, works great.

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 1:15 pm
Super. The program Super will convert just about anything.

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 1:33 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm pretty much interested ion recording my whole video gig on mp4, for 5.5 hours. Is it possible just like that or is there a bigger chance for a crash or something else? Have anyone tried?

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 2:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)