Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Video Freezing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi All, been running live now for about 4 hours no issues at all apart from I had a few music videos freeze, the audio plays fine to the end of the song but the video is just frozen on the TV's.

They are all mpg files and I have played them many times on VDJ7. I have an NVidia 1Gb Dedicated car in my laptop.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 7:19 pm
Can you play a song then go to your Windows task manager , click process then scroll down to the virtual dj and tell me what KB its running at .

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 7:39 pm
Will do when I'm back in work Thursday night, I don't have a video adaptor at home to test the second screen output

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 3:16 pm
idj4himPRO InfinityMember since 2009
What will that do? Every time I play a video the screen turns white. Not all of it but 75% does.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 3:32 pm
I used vd8 last night. Video froze all night. Ughh

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 7:41 am
You need to go into the Videomaxmemory in option /video make sure your in advance mode , and change the number thats in there to a lower number . I have mine set at 46 , yours maybe different # . What you can do is play a mp4 and the go into your windows task manager click the tab key process . scan down until you find virtual do and see how high the KB is running at , usually you want to be 350,000 kb and under

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 7:47 am
Perfect thank you

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 9:23 pm
What kind of video card do you have. By the way, my videoMaxMemory is set to Automatic (1981), that's the way it came.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 9:36 pm
When you change the videomaxmemory do you remove "automatic" and write "manual" plus "(value)? I can't find info anywhere...

Posted Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 10:56 pm
I had this video freeze like you have, but found out that if you have the "milkdrop8" plugin ON as "videoAudioOnlyVisulation" (You find it in Option / Video) was to blame. Now I turn Milkdrop8 on manually when I'm playin' Audio files

Posted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 12:05 am
I'd still like the answer to my question if someone can reply, thanks. I try turn off the milkdrop. But my video freeze doesn't come back to normal. I have to restart VDJ8

Posted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 12:42 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I assume you just need to write a value like 128 e.g.

Posted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 3:09 am
Yes I want to write like a value of "128". Do I need to remove the word "automatic" and write "manual" or do I write just "128"? That was my original question. Can someone help me please...

Posted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 7:35 am
Like I said, just write the value without anything else...

Posted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 8:30 am
I just wanted to be sure as you "assumed" I just type 128. I'll try it. How will I know if it is actually 128. Is there some where I can see it after I change it e.g. Registry??

Posted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 4:00 pm
I "assumed" because I never tested it myself. But thats the way I would expect it to work.
You can't check it in the reg because VDJ8 is not using the reg anymore.

But there is a plugin that displayes everything related to the video cards. Install it and activate it as master effect.

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12763/FPS.html

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 3:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)